ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

0-60 in 6sec 182 how???

M135i, 118 coupe
hi guys does anyone know what sort of mods id have to do to get a 0-60 time of about 6 seconds.Would one of the gdi packages reach this goal??? Would love to be able to keep up with some of the mainiacs over here in Germany on the autoban.:) thanks liam

Clio 172mk2
well a standard ones 6.7 aint it , so thats about 6 secs, cheapest option of that bit more power

i/k
zorst
de cat

that should be 190bhp ish

cams and ecu ontop would be 200bhp or there abouts

Nissan 350Z
Not sure about that... i did a vid a while ago and timed around 0-70 on the speedo in around 7 seconds. Autocar did 6.3 seconds and Evo 6.5 seconds.

clio 200 F4Rt
yup, loose weight, strip everything!

as for keeping up on the autbahns, how would a 0-60 help? you want more torque and top end grunt, to be able to accelerate at 100 mph +++

well i get 5.88 in my car and its a fair bit quicker than a 1*2, my valver wasnt far off 1*2 pace and that recorded 7.2 0-60

Nippy white cup
Shouldn`t need too much...I manged a 5.39 0-60 in my cup with just rsport, decat exhaust, Bmc filter and rear seats out. I bet with exhaust, decat and rsport style chip you will be near enough. But as said...0-60 won`t help you on the autobahn.

Chris

Chris n nic said:
Shouldn`t need too much...I manged a 5.39 0-60 in my cup with just rsport, decat exhaust, Bmc filter and rear seats out. I bet with exhaust, decat and rsport style chip you will be near enough. But as said...0-60 won`t help you on the autobahn.

Chris

But youve got a cup, thats worth at least a second over a 182;)

Clio 172 mk2
As fmp says...put the car on a diet.

Loosing weight from the car is effectively gaining free bhp as you'll raise the bhp per ton.

williams 2
hello mate, our throttle body package has been tested on a couple of cars now and can create 0-60 in 5.3-5.8 secs depending on launch, traction and weather etc! awsome convertion going for that on mine as soon as i can get the money!! :D

also the single throttle body kit is a good can get some real respectable times but were still waiting to do some proper testing on the new kit. our demo car 182 has this and made 220+ bhp after the rebuild which was very pleasing. best off given us a call and having a chat we'll be happy to sort you out a good deal!!;)

01954 719007

www.greydevilindustries.com

Clio 197
The Cup spoiler packs hinder the top speed IMO.

My ol' uncupped 182 was faster at the top end.

But yes, lose weight: Bonnet/Windows/Doors/Roof all can shed a few pounds.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Oms said:
The Cup spoiler packs hinder the top speed IMO.

My ol' uncupped 182 was faster at the top end.

But yes, lose weight: Bonnet/Windows/Doors/Roof all can shed a few pounds.

Figment of your imagination mate.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Oms said:
Well, either that or this one's broken. :S

Different car, different engine, different day...One of a number of factors. The mind is offen deceiving.

Clown Car
I can relate to what oms is saying back i 98' i had 2 brand new Peugeot 306 D Turbo's one was a R reg the other was a S reg, the R reg car was definately quicker than it's replacement of an identical car, the R reg's engine seemed to rev more freely and have more of a turbo whistle/boost noise.

clio 200 F4Rt
what sort of extra drag does the larger cup spoiler and front splitter create?

as both being larger items on the 'cupped' cars could effect aero dynamics and in turn top end.

Tho to be honest, its probably minimal!

fmp_ said:
what sort of extra drag does the larger cup spoiler and front splitter create?

as both being larger items on the 'cupped' cars could effect aero dynamics and in turn top end.

Tho to be honest, its probably minimal!
Theres 0.01 drag coefincint difference somehting like.49 vs .39 for the none Cuped cars I think but they might be rounded up figures so the difference would be even less.

80MPG BEEZA
if you want to be seriously fast on the autobahn then get ur clio turbo'd bb performance tuning have done 160+ which is what you'll want on the autobahn

Tangoed Works
edde said:
Theres 0.01 drag coefincint difference somehting like.49 vs .39 for the none Cuped cars I think but they might be rounded up figures so the difference would be even less.

I think its 0.35 for non cup packed, 0.36 for cup packed, so make make a very slight difference at the top end. I would have thought the best way to get in the low six's is just to practice your launching. 0.5 secs is essentially nothing to be worrying about, and if Autocar can get 6.3 secs, is there any need?

jayxx83 said:
I think its 0.35 for non cup packed, 0.36 for cup packed, so make make a very slight difference at the top end. I would have thought the best way to get in the low six's is just to practice your launching. 0.5 secs is essentially nothing to be worrying about, and if Autocar can get 6.3 secs, is there any need?
Your right the best thing to do is a complete strip out and master launching drag has no real effect until about 50.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Right im running 0-60 in about 6 secs.
Mods-
Exhaust, Filter, decat and reflashed ecu
For more details speak to BB Tuning ;)