ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

λ

Anyone got any ideas when we'll be seeing the next installment from Valve? They've released two left for dead's now and Portal 2 is on the way. I'm hoping these projects haven't postponed or completely derailed any sequels to episode 1 and 2.

I've got a feeling we'll see episode3, or HL3 when Portal 2 arrives. As in at exactly the same time.

Possibly just wishful thinking though.

I'd like to think that's true but sadly doubt it. Either way when it arrives I'm praying it appears on the xbox or PS3 not just PC.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As long as there's no more f*cking puzzle games exploiting the physics engine, I'll be happy.

HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU PUSH WEIGHTS INTO BASKETS TO OPEN DOORS?!

I don't remember that lol. I was too in love with the awesomeness that was the double barrelled shotty, kicked like a mule and sent recipients of a twin barrelled attack flying. I may have to go back and play through again but far too many of my games I'm yet to complete or in some cases even start lol

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I miss Half Life :(

I used to complete the original every 6 months just because I loved it so much - never played a game (other than Quake III Arena) as much!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What are the odds this would come with a new Counter Strike?

It might. But even in the year 2042, people will still be playing CounterStrike v1.6 instead. ;)

The third installment definitely needs doing. I remember thinking "don't finish - not yet!" when I got to the end of EP2. b******s....

D.

F82 M4
It might. But even in the year 2042, people will still be playing CounterStrike v1.6 instead. ;)

The third installment definitely needs doing. I remember thinking "don't finish - not yet!" when I got to the end of EP2. b*****ds....

D.

I thought the exact same thing, was gutted at the end of Episode 2. (Was quite a disturbing ending aswell, reminded me of a scene from Starship troopers.) Episode 3 is definitely en route, the release date will be revealed at this years E3, fingers crossed it will come out this year. As for Half Life 3, that'll be quite a few years away yet.

I'm not concerned whether it's episode 3 or 3 next I just need a fix of half life soon. Been way too long since the last.

Giulietta 940
I may sound like a broken record, but I'm just hoping for more co-op goodness. CSS is fine as it is now (most bugs have been ironed out), however another branch out into the single player/co-op genre (don't mention CS:CZ :dapprove:) may prove fruitful, e.g. Tom Clancy/COD.

Despite a few irritating bugs, Valve games always seem a lot more polished than their competitors, and the gameplay is second to none. As said above, the HL1/HL2 games were incredible and kept me glued to my computer for years.