ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

©©© URGENT ©©© Williams advice needed !

Hi all....I have a major petrol leak from the pipe conecting to the, as I am told, Cold start injector to the fuel rail. This is located under the inlet manifold and passes through it up the os of the the fuel rail.

I now have the pipe to repair it, Many thanks to a good friend of mine, name witheld to protect hassle for him.

Okie... ineed to know.....if i was to do this job myself, would i need to depressurise and re pressurise the fuel system, or is it as simple as undoing the bolts, replacing the offender, then doing the hollow bolts up?.

Best left to the pros or a simple job ?

Please advise, I would like to get my Williams back on the road today...if not i have to wait a while.

Thanx for any help given, appreciated.

Bill.

I only thought that de/repressurising a fuel system only applied to diesels - i mean if you ran outta fuel you wouldnt bother about repressurising which is esssentially the same thing...

Id say just go for it - youll probably get some spillage when you remove the pipe but otherwise ok...

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

You are sposed to depressurise the fuel system by disconnecting the fuel pump relay and turning on the ignition etc...

If you undo the lines, you will get an initial spray of fuel (have a rag handy) which will then die into a trickle and then disappear. Make sure you wipe excess fuel up and leave the car for 10 mins or so before doing anything on it to let it all evalporate off. Clean petrol evaporates in no time at all.

If you need any help let me know.

Paul