ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£8K+ Williams

I remember another Williams on Ebay going for quite a high price aswell...and it was from Nottingham... Everyone said it looked a bit dodgy, just wondering if its the same one...

that gear leather isnt the original its blue on his!!!!! not impressed!

But considering its been stood for over 3 years will it still be a good ride or will things have seized slightly etc? Iam just wondering as the old clio I bought only had low millage and I thought great not many miles but it seems that it doesnt run as well as my slightly newer clio that has 109k miles on it, however everyday it was driven it got properly warmed up etc and was looked after?

Just a thought, not saying that I wouldnt love to own it with only that many miles on the clock!

Danny

Quote: Originally posted by Illusion on 23 September 2004

I remember another Williams on Ebay going for quite a high price aswell...and it was from Nottingham... Everyone said it looked a bit dodgy, just wondering if its the same one...
yeh isnt that the same car ??, and doesnt the speedo look like its been played with ??, or is that dodgy renault quality

Yep agree on the speedo that has wound back and I would imagine that if it hasnt been properly stored then parts will not be as good as one that has been used over the same period.

Cheers

Simon.

Reference: RFS00076

Renault Clio Williams

£14,000

1 owner and exceptional service history.

Registered 16.10.95, milage 14,753. Taxed and MOTd and with extended warranty.

Thatcham 1. Garaged, no winter use.

Reluctant sale because of lack of space - a unique opportunity.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Seen that a while ago (6 months at least) on there so its either re-advertised or still the same advert.

Laguna

You only need to look at the clocks to walk away from that. Shame as it looks nice, but I wouldnt take the risk with 8k and the numbers not sitting straight and other non standard parts fitted.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Id say the clocks are all right u find when it turns onto the next 1,000 like that has just turned onto 13,000 the numbers dont line up properly for a bit, u guys probably cant remember with u having posh digital display...;)

Have to agree though wouldnt touch it with the few things hes done to it not at 8k plus.

F.S.H. LAST ONE JULY 2003 WHERE NEW CAM BELT FITTED AND BREAK FLUID CHANGED ETC

Why the cambelt if its only done 13k?

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Minor Service - 12 Months/6,000 Miles

Major Service - 5 Years/36,000 Miles, which includes belts.

Should really have had it done in 2000 but he hasnt used it since 1999.

Quote: Originally posted by Tony on 24 September 2004

F.S.H. LAST ONE JULY 2003 WHERE NEW CAM BELT FITTED AND BREAK FLUID CHANGED ETC

Why the cambelt if its only done 13k?
72k or every 5 years..

It looks pretty original tho.. apart from the Gaiter. Could be real.. but, it would have been stood a while, so must have been garaged etc.. rear arches dont look like theyve been sprayed etc..

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Livin on the edge there Daz waitin till 72k, most people Ive spoke to suggest around the 30,000 mark....better safe than sorry.

this looks like the same on there a while ago,
from memory it has a screw head in between the oil pressure dial & the speedo (god knows why though)

as for the 14k one, id rather have had strombas any day.

Quote: Originally posted by GazTwo on 24 September 2004

Livin on the edge there Daz waitin till 72k, most people Ive spoke to suggest around the 30,000 mark....better safe than sorry.
Thats the recommended.. 30k is well to quick tho, really.. unless you really have £200 to burn quite a lot and extra careful.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 24 September 2004

this looks like the same on there a while ago,
from memory it has a screw head in between the oil pressure dial & the speedo (god knows why though)

as for the 14k one, id rather have had strombas any day.
I think strombas went for 15k in the end

bloody hell

ian