ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£6000 To spend

Clio Trophy
Hello Everyone,

Im new to this forum, i am currently a member of the gti-6 forum. Great little car, but it's time to move on. Had it for too long now.

Im wanting to buy a new Clio 172/182 or Trophy if im lucky:cool:, cant seem to find a mint one i like.

I would like an 182 cup packs Inferno Orange with Recaros, but there hard to find.

Is my price range a bit too low? I dont want to spend money on a car & then more on servicing aux belt etc etc.

Would it be a wise idea to wait a bit more since the price of cars are still coming gone down a bit?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
£6 is about right TBH.

That'll get you a FF Inferno 182. FF = Both Cup Packs.

I doubt you'll find Recaros though, they're rare. Even more so in an Inferno.

Good luck.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As sharp, easily. Just not as throttle-adjustable.

Both have very pointy turn-in.

You'll love it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That looks good, although the description is incorrect.

182 Cup = 182 with less equipment, and cheaper. Hardly any lighter, despite what you might read.

182 with Cup Packs = The one to go for.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Yer, thats got the cup packs.

Looks nice with the recaros, although when you spec'd them Renault downgraded the rear bench to cloth (instead of leather/alcantara)

Black Gold Trophy
Looks nice with the recaros, although when you spec'd them Renault downgraded the rear bench to cloth (instead of leather/alcantara)

I also noticed in the one that I got a pair of recaros out of that they had also downgraded the carpet and headlining! It was blackgold aswell so definitely wasnt a cup.

Only problem with the trophies is they dont have xenons! I'd much rather have a FF!

LOL! No idea why I put like. I meant link.

Its confusing with Clios. People call them 'Cups' when they arent and mostly dont have a clue. Even people on here who have been talking about them for years get it wrong.

Not me and Chris though, as we're elite ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL! No idea why I put like. I meant link.

Its confusing with Clios. People call them 'Cups' when they arent and mostly dont have a clue. Even people on here who have been talking about them for years get it wrong.

Not me and Chris though, as we're elite ;)

Elite pedantic c*nts FTW.

Have you made a mistake? Well, you had better correct it quickly, or we'll be down on you quicker than Laura on a CS night out.

Black Gold Trophy
Yeah mate, you want a full fat model (with cup packs).
The cups really lack equipment tbh, and the trophy is essentially a cup with different wheels, a v6 spoiler and some pricey suspension.

lol, well the 182 Cup only came in Racing Blue (baby blue) or Inferno (Orange)

The easiest way to tell from the outside is to look at the front. If its a FF it will have washer jets for the xenons. If its a Cup, it will have just un-colour coded blanking plates.

New Kangoo Van!
slightly different again the trophy models, wheels, rear spoiler, recaros, sachs suspension setup etc. Saw one that had been pc'd it looked immense.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol, well the 182 Cup only came in Racing Blue (baby blue) or Inferno (Orange)

The easiest way to tell from the outside is to look at the front. If its a FF it will have washer jets for the xenons. If its a Cup, it will have just un-colour coded blanking plates.

Is that true for the continent also?

Im not sure if thats you attempt at humour or not! lol..

But I *think* there was a LY Cup somewhere? But they call them Team.

For someone who doesn't own one (or ever has for that matter) you seem to know a lot about them.

Maybe it's time you joined us.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

How could that be passes as humour lol!! Was being serious! I've seen an Artic and Titanium Cup in spain before...

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
how are they in comparison?

Well I went from GTI-6 to 172 FF and was also on the GTI-6 forum (see my old GTI-6 in my profile on here).

Interesting comparison. 172 feels slightly gruntier low down, and overall feels ever so slightly quicker upto about 100. Then the 6 seemed to carry on pulling like a train upto naughty figures. 172 isn't quite as eager up there, however this is very subtle and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Handling wise, the 6 is a hooligan, brilliantly adjustable cornering using the throttle (god I LOVED the lift off fun times!!

[YOUTUBE]edqxshmkDJI[/YOUTUBE]

172 is very predictable, neutral almost, but fun in a different way. Always amazes me how much speed you can carry without much drama. Its "safer" feeling yet still incredible fun. Of course you can certainly provoke the lift off if you try though!

Driving positions, they're both similarly "french", you get used to it. Interior, both crap.

Anything I've missed? Overall for me the Clio just pips the 6 for me. Looks better nowadays too IMO. :evil:

clio trophy No56
Anyone driven agti-6 in comparison the the 182?

Yes mate, i owned a 6 for about 1 year, mint cars. Owned a 182 before the 6.

I now own a Trophy and find i get much better mpg, and can go around a corner alot faster than the 6 could, although i did used to enjoy the handling in the 6, it was fun, the Trophy would kick its ass, much more responsive and controlable. As for straight line speed in not too sure, think the Trophy would have it up to 100 but not sure after that.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Yes mate, i owned a 6 for about 1 year, mint cars. Owned a 182 before the 6.

I now own a Trophy and find i get much better mpg, and can go around a corner alot faster than the 6 could, although i did used to enjoy the handling in the 6, it was fun, the Trophy would kick its ass, much more responsive and controlable. As for straight line speed in not too sure, think the Trophy would have it up to 100 but not sure after that.

Ooh yeah forgot about that, fuel consumption is FAR less in the 172 then in the 6, they gulp it down!!

Renaultsport Clio 182
i went from a GTI-6 to my 182, had the 6 for 2 years, loved it, it was quick, great to look at, handled well, but now i have the 182 i have deffinitely gone in the right direction, accelration is sharper and quicker and the handling is fantastic. Also the fuel consumption is a hell of a lot more than i was egtting out of my PUG!!

Clio 182.
Id go for a trophy and change the rear bench. Perfect. I wish id held out for one instead of buying the 182FF.

Either way you'll end up with a car you'll enjoy.

172 Silver Cup
Have you thought about getting a Evo V?? I would think you could pick one up for this sort of money. Running costs are a lot more but hey, hell of a lot more fun and modding it up is so much easier!