ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£600 to spend. Anything better than Koni and Eibach.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Hi.

I'm soon to be buying new suspension. Was pretty set on koni shocks with sportlines but as I get closer to the time I think should I try something different.

I want the konis because I don't want to spend 600 on coilovers to then spend another load corner weighting etc.

I have read good things about the koni and Eibach setup but as its a track car are there other more suitable options for similar money?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
FK Konigsports coilover kit, for the price they're spot on with adjustable damping, ride height, camber. Dampers are by Koni

I had a set new on the white track 172, brilliant..

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I run the Spax PSX kit and think its excellent. It has 28 point adjustable dampers, lowers the car approx 30mm. I have mine on setting 14 of 28, not exactly comfortable on the road but it handles excellent. Yet to get it on track but i imagine it will handle great on track too.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
FK's probably get the best reviews in that price bracket... Maybe Spax worth a look at well.

Yeah i collected my Spax kit from Danny on friday, got to say the quality is very good having powder coated bodies and s/steel theads for the height adjusters.

Scott

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'd imagine the Spax RSX kit costs much more than the FK setup. IIRC pre the big discounts from many retailers the SPAX kits were about £799.

Without a doubt I would have ordered another set of FKs but the RB has 60mm 'cup' hubs

LY Megane R26
I got my RSX kit with the outboard rear coilover type for £640 I think with 30% off. Other "standard" type where at £599 I think. Now there back up to RRP.
I was toying between them and the FK but to me the Spax seem awesome!

BG182FF
Are konigsports not available for cup suspension fitment? I've been on the phone to kamracing and they recommended h&r's

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not sure on whats available or not but there isnt much out there for cup cars.

H&R's are over the £1k mark are they not?

Ive ran FK Konigsports too and rate them.

if your car is mainly road use i find it hard to beat brand new genuine cup dampers and eibach sportlines for the money! throw in a set of camber bolts and a proper setup and they are awesome. plus for the cash you save over the coilovers/konis you could get a set of track rods and track rod ends done too to freshen it up

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I've mentioned this in another thead that with the 60mm cup fitment there are no middle road priced coilover kits. You either buy V Maxx/K Tec, then to the other end of the spectrum with Spax, H&R, AST. At least with the 54mm fitment you have more options up the price range, IMO for £500-£600 i'd choose the FKs if it's a B road blast or the occasional trackday

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Had a slight change of plan for the car now. Been offered a ph1 172 with a bit of crash damage. Its got nearly new eibach pros and cup shocks. Also got nearly new bremo HCs, DS2500 and braided lines. Gonna strip the good bits and sell on. This will keep the costs a bit lower to start with. I'll look at further suspension upgrades later.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
No it's silver. A mate was doing it up as a track car but bent it first time out. He's decided not to fix it and I'm taking the whole car as its easier for him that breaking it.

BG182FF
Ive been looking at the Konigsports, real shame they arent available for 60mm suspension packs..wouldn't it be simple just to have someone lathe a couple of mm off the bottom hole? Sorry for the slight thread hijack