ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£600 4 a new sunroof frame from Renault!!

Clio Dynamique
Well my sunroof is leaking quite badly all of a sudden. When I bought the car the sunroof didn't rattle, then it did and I just ignored it, then it stopped rattling but started leaking!

Took it to Renault for a new o2 sensor and asked them to take a look at the sunroof whilst it's in. Well they phoned me quoting £300 for a new frame and Inc labour it would cost a total of £600! So for now they have just used some plumbers tape to seal it, thank god it's a black car so it doesn't look too bad.

Just wondering if you can get these frames cheaper from somewhere else? As I can't justify spending that much! I've allready got to pay £300 for a new windscreen aswell :(

maybe it's just a sign to buy a new car :) although it wouldn't be another Clio that's for sure!

Breakers, see if you can get one there. Renault will charge you that amount as it's a new part, aslo their labour isn't cheap etc. You can sort it without laying out a load of cash or sealing it up.

Clio Expression Auto
Hey, for some reason it is not allowing me to view the above link, could someone open it and send me what is in there please? I would be really greatful

You need to be a paid member to view it pal.

I followed the guide after mine was leaking really badly over winter, Hasn't leaked once since!

IMO, pay the subs its well worth it for that guide alone. £12 over £600 from renault, I know what I'd choose and DID!