ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£6.7k to play with now

on the look out
hi all been a member for a while and prev had a 172 cup that i sold a while back and bought myself a diesel van for my fishing and bought the misses a small cheap run around that she hated from day 1 . so now we have around £6.7k to play with now do i go back for 172 cup or go better and buy a 182 ff i could prob find some more for a trophy. but is it worth spending the extra money ?
do i stick with a 182 ff or go back to 172 cup or pay extra and get a trophy

on the look out
cheers how much will it cost to get it to hit the magic 200bhp :) i forgot to say i would only drive it at weekends as i have my own work van during the week . so the wife would have it for work approx 2 miles from home

clio 172
id buy a nice low mile 172 for 4750 then blow 2k on engine !!!

I think theres a nice one in the for sale section, 27k on engine with the cambelt just done, everything done at renault dealer

Il cut u a discount ?

U sure about the missus drivin it, been there my friend and a 2 mile trip for a woman equates to a 50 mile trip for us men in risks terms (kiddin)

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I'd try a pick up a Trophy if you can, if not get yourself an FF182 or Cup.

You should be able to get a mint one in todays climate for that.

on the look out
cheers for input everyone
with the cup packs on 182 wot are they and can you spot it on log book etc ? sorry for thick question as not sure .

just dont want wool pulled over my eye`s , and with misses driving it 2 miles to work is yes as she is a furneral director :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
i just feel if you have enough get the trophy. put some comforts in it like a would xenons,rear bench ect... and swap back when selling.
trophy still feels really exclusive after all these years.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Obvious what to do here.

Buy two Clio Phase 1's, one for every day/week end use and one to rip everything out of and have a track slut. Jobs done and u still have change

BMW E46 330i Touring
If you're set on getting a RenaultSport then I'd say see how much Trophy's are and get the money for one of those, but £7k-ish can buy a lot of car in the current climate - maybe have a look further afield?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
cheers for input everyone
with the cup packs on 182 wot are they and can you spot it on log book etc ? sorry for thick question as not sure .

just dont want wool pulled over my eye`s , and with misses driving it 2 miles to work is yes as she is a furneral director :eek:

Won't be on the logbook mate.

Visual
Cup Suspension pack - Dark wheels instead of silver and slightly lower
Cup Spoiler pack - Bigger rear spoiler with a red brake light, not clear and front splitter (same as you old 172 cup)

clio trophy No56
Have a look on cliotrophy site, there was a few on there for sale.
Also contact Steve www.allvehicles.co.uk, that is were i got my Trophy from, he is a good bloke, if anyone can find you a decent Trophy he will. Look on this page, think the ones on there are sold but give him a bell, http://www.allvehicles.co.uk/usedcar.htm.
I spoke to him before i bought my Trophy, told him my price range and he said he didnt have any that cheap but then 3 days later he rang me and had one i could afford. + they are even cheaper now.
Bit of a long drive for me to get there but it was well worth it, approx 780mile round trip.
If you just like to drive and your not bothered about all the fancy auto lights, wipers, xenons etc then the Trophy is the one you want, im never selling mine!

Last edited:
  Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Sorry to hijack but I'm selling totally standard 182 with all the toys and both cup packs (spoiler/splitter/better suspension). Arctic Blue, full renault service history, long mot, tax until end of Jan, and has optional 6 cd changer in it too.

Will be taking pics tomorrow to advertise on here - and going on at 5295...found a new car I'm after (VX220) so would like this to go sharpish so could prob negotiate a little deal.

Joe

In between cars....
The loacl renault dealer has a 55 plate 182FF with 20k on the clock, its up at 7500, with some haggling i reacon youd get similar for your money.

I dont know about other renault dealerships but this one gives full 3 year parts and labour warrenty, thatll be worth some money if your keeping it a while

Tav

Clio 197
You'd need to save up a fair bit more cash to get a Trophy though? I didn't see any good examples for anywhere near £6.7k when I was Clio hunting.

I managed to get a 182 Cup with only 15k on the clock and 4 brand new Michelins for that money though.

on the look out
You'd need to save up a fair bit more cash to get a Trophy though? I didn't see any good examples for anywhere near £6.7k when I was Clio hunting.

I managed to get a 182 Cup with only 15k on the clock and 4 brand new Michelins for that money though.

im sure my misses can dig a bit deeper in her pockets for a trophy

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Trophy 55 with 18,000m £6700 on ebay last week!

Mint full history lots of new goodies (brakes, tyres, service, 1 owner) £6300!!!! pistonheads.

Trade in prices are falling daily so if you have cash & no px, make offer & sit & wait;)

I may even get another trophy if they keep falling;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd get a ph2 172, coilovers, seats, remap, exhaust. I loved my Trophy, only car I'd consider buying again, but my current setup is more fun.

Renaultsport 200
Trophy 55 with 18,000m £6700 on ebay last week!

Mint full history lots of new goodies (brakes, tyres, service, 1 owner) £6300!!!! pistonheads.

Trade in prices are falling daily so if you have cash & no px, make offer & sit & wait;)

I may even get another trophy if they keep falling;)

Apparently that was a track **** and the photos were taken ages ago.

clio 172 cup
imo buy a 172 cup then get itbs and cams(u get about 215-220bhp?)
a power to weight ratio of 220bhp will make a very quick car.
am pretty sure itbs are only £2800 on k-tecs website

BMW E46 330i Touring
Well, you might have to start off by offering less than that, but yeah, you'd be a mug not to get it for less than £7k...