ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£450 to spend on an exhaust - but which one? (PH2 172)

Mini JCW
Now paydays arrived I can upgrade the exhaust on my 172 Cup :)

However I want the cat to remain (so preferably cat back system), what system would you suggest within the £450 range?

I like the yozzasport sports exhaust but theres a long lead time of 4 weeks on this system.

After having a Milltek system on my previous car (Ibiza Cupra), I do like the quality of them, but they dont seem to be popular for the 172s?
Also i'm unsure if the twin tailpipes suit the car?

Scorpion - the 4" bacbox puts me off.

Mongoose / piper - don't seem to be that popular for the 172s.

So which have you owned / would you reccomend?

Many thanks

Anthony

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Would have to be yozzasport for me, check out there group buys/discounts at the moe.

Pretty sure you wouln't have to wait 4 weeks??

If you need one urgently then I can probably sort it sooner, but you would have to pay the full price.

We can make whatever you want system wise, lead time I will check on Monday if you would like fella.

Will be in touch over the weekend.

/y0z

Mini JCW
If you need one urgently then I can probably sort it sooner, but you would have to pay the full price.

We can make whatever you want system wise, lead time I will check on Monday if you would like fella.

Will be in touch over the weekend.

/y0z

Your a star:approve:

Im very happy to pay full price and have it fitted by yourselves :)

Many thanks

Anthony

Mini JCW
make the trip to newcastle get a custom AAS exhaust made, barron got his for just over 300 :D

Newcastle:eek:

Thats a fair old drive for me lol.

Would have to be yozzasport for me, check out there group buys/discounts at the moe.

Pretty sure you wouln't have to wait 4 weeks??

Thanks for the reply mate - Have now contacted yozzasport to see what they can sort out for me :)

Mini JCW
Anyone else got a suggestion? As while I wait for yozza to contact me regarding their systems i'm still open to other suggestions...

I would also consider a Supersprint system (i would love the race system but cannot source one anywhere :(), so the only option is the street system - but what sort of sound will it produce? Anyone with any experience of Supersprint systems on their 172s (or other Clios)? I used to have one on my old car but it was very understated (almost like OEM).

Many thanks

Anthony

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I got a Pro-speed exhaust, they will make it to your requirements, stealth, cut into the bumper, your choice of noise, etc. It works out over £300 but the price will have changed since I got mine.

Its mid-sport noise, and sounds so much better than OEM one.

Charlie's in Cardiff, but is well worth the drive! :)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got a Ktec stealth exhaust, it's well made and sounds loads better than the standard exhaust. They also do a recessed version as well.

Ph1
Waste of money spending 400 on a exhaust and not decating it imo. You'd get more gains from the decat alone for just over the wrong side of 100 sheets. Exhaust on with cat will only give you noise.

Yozza is a VERY loud exhaust too (race system)

Black Gold with cup packs
Prospeed is worth the money and trip, Charlie is a genius. Milltek are brilliant, I would not disregard one just becaus they are not popular. Yozza top top system. In all honesty I have had experience with everyone and would reccomend them all, push comes to shove Charlie for a custom(I am only 25 miles from him so it's economical), Yozza system .. One of the two.

Ph1
Id buy a Ktec. Decent enough system, not loud and still a 2.5'' bore plus has the front slider pipe if you choose to fit a 182 manifold conversion.

Good discount on here too.

Black Gold with cup packs
A 172cup I am currently looking at has a Kyech system fitted with 182 manifold and K-tech de-cat. How are the K-tech systems?

Ph1
A 172cup I am currently looking at has a Kyech system fitted with 182 manifold and K-tech de-cat. How are the K-tech systems?

Fine yes. Going Ktec will save you a lot of messing.

If your buying their link / decat pipe too then it means you dont have to weld anything when doing a 182 manifold conversion as everything is measured to fit.

Mini JCW
Thanks for all the replies:)

I am waiting for a reply off yozza at the moment, I really do like they're exhausts - I am tempted by the race system but as I work a lot of night shifts / unsociable hours I don't want complaints off the neighbours:dead:

I can't get over the awful design of the Milltek tailpipes so I think that will be my last choice...

K-tec is another I will consider, as is Supersprint. but at the moment I think yozza is the best choice for me (as long as they get back to me).

Many thanks

Anthony Watson

Last edited:
  Mini JCW
Prospeeds just too far away with work commitments at the moment :(

Still awaiting a reply off yozzasport....and k-tec....and piper exhausts - seems like no-one wants my business:dead:

Many thanks

Anthony Watson