ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£4400 for a 51 reg 40k miles.....what do you think

RenaultSport Clio CUP
Hi All

Firstly hope this is ok to post this question here.......

Otherwise i have a post in the 'wanted' section.......

Looking for a 172 for the missus to drive daily and for me to do 3-4 track days per year in.......

Saw a 'stolen and recovered' phase 2 for £4400 on ebay - wondered what you guys thought of that deal?

Its black (wife likes) and has 40k miles and has 2 minor(ish) marks on body - looks 100% std and i thought a cheap phase 2 to use as a base car (as i may well carry out the mods myself)

Love to hear what the forum thinks as i'm keen to buy a 172 and have some fun......

Great to be here and this looks like a great site - keep up the great work.......

Regards

Danny_1968

No more clio's for me!
Hi Danny,

firstly...you can't go wrong with black, its the best colour for a clio! :)

From what you've described above as the intention for the car, it seems like a good buy. However 4.4k for a stolen recovered seems a little high in my opinion, would have expected this to be nearer the 4k mark. Whats the level of damage, has it got the keys (a new set and recoding etc is expensive), any documents with the car? Always a little wary of stolen motors due to the way in which it would have been driven, but saying there are bargins to be had and if you looking for a track toy, probably the best way to buy one.

Get the link up for ebay.

Cheers and good luck, you won't regret the 172 their fantastic little cars! :D

Dan.

edit: Just seen this car on ebay, seems like a little minter, go check it out!

RenaultSport Clio CUP
Hi Again and thanks for your thoughts..........very tempted to buy at this price.........concerned its a cat d on hpi records due to theft when the car was very young.......

but will see what kind of deal is available.........

danny