ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£440 to replace all 4 shocks

Mk4 .:R32
Just rang Renault to find out how much it would be to replace the shocks on my car. 440 bloody quid. £199+ vat for the fitting and £206 for the shocks themselves. Doh.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
The rear ones are so easy mate, just a couple of bolts.

That sounds about right around £50+ VAT a shock.

Its a joke. I would do it myself if I wasn't afraid of messing it up!! might get a few quotes off local garages!! They defo need doing cos the ride is too harsh, its so uncomfortable

Cup'd Monaco 172
No seriously. With a decent socket set and spring compressors its easy. Just get some mates over to help. Take your time. If you are replacing like for like you don't have to get all 4 changed in one go.

Maybe hose everything down in WD40 the night before.

No seriously. With a decent socket set and spring compressors its easy. Just get some mates over to help. Take your time. If you are replacing like for like you don't have to get all 4 changed in one go.

Dont think you even need spring compressors.
Peice of cake!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The rears are a 5 minute job and can be done by anyone. £58 for 2x rears from my local motor factors.

It may be worth doing the rears yourself and paying for the fronts doing.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Rear ones are so so easy, don't think that quote is to bad actually.

Clio 197

Dont think you even need spring compressors.
Peice of cake!

Spring compressors most certainly weren't required to do my 182 shocks. I assume it's the same for a 172 too.

Are there any guides on here on how to do it. Wouldn't mind saving myself a couple of hundred quid. Is it an afternoon job for a novice?

meeeehhh, give me a break, it's early lol.

I'll check the guide out and see if I got all the right tools n shiz to do it myself

Nice one ben, that would be awesome. where abouts in warrington are you?? PM me a postcode if you like mate!!

How long would you need the car for???

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
wa5 2lw

sunday would be good, bout a 2 hours lado. (some dreamers claim 60mins for all four..)

i've done about 20 ish and they all take around a hour n 40

Cheers Ben! well I will get renault to order the shocks in so I can pick them up tomorrow or saturday and I will PM u before to let you know whats going on.

Cheers
Ste

Picking them up tomorrow mate.

What time is best on sunday? Bearing in mind its the world cup final on saturday so I will be rough in the morning ;) haha!!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
na theres no way you can do it in 60mins unless you you have a 4 post.

well you could if you blitz'd it and you had a tool hand man LOL

Lionel Richie
i can change all 4 springs in under 45min on the floor using a trolley jack

the only thing you have to do extra is unbolt the rear shocks at the top

might aswell purchase coilovers

lol not really considering coilovers are about 600-700 quid and another 200 for getting them set up properly. ;)

Cheers to ben for fitting the shocks today. Can't wait to see your 172 track car when it's finished!! Gonna be a monster. Let me know about the Wilwoods next week :approve:

Ste