ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£400 spare......

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
I have around £400 spare to spend on the Clio. I dont really want to spend it all, but any recommendations for what i can get for that money? I have a standard Clio 182.

RB 200 Cup!
pay me for the stickers ;) nah only joking

rs tuner and save bit more to get a yozza system?

10 quid to become a full memebr as well - that alone generates 10bhp extra

save it for servicing or when it next breaks

although an exhaust will add character if you want to spend it all now (or could go for second hand). brakes would be the first thing i'd do if i didn't want to spend that much though

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As soon as i saw the budget, i knew the Maxogen fanboys would be out! ;)

Four ton for a carbon fibre watering can!

I'd scrape a bit more, buy a Milltek exhaust and some Eibach Sportlines.

pay me for the stickers ;) nah only joking

rs tuner and save bit more to get a yozza system?

10 quid to become a full memebr as well - that alone generates 10bhp extra

lol very good mate. As for servicing and tax etc, just been serviced, and taxed and the car is under warranty for a year. I was thinkin Eibach 40ml springs, but im unsure what to buy. Perhaps a front splitter and springs?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Driver training. Will make you quicker, and you'll enjoy the car far more than any of the other suggestions.

Parts I would consider for the money you have to spend:

Yozzasport Exhaust
RS Tuner from FastChips
Eibach Sportlines
ITG Maxogen
Matched Inlets
Any combination of the above that comes within budget.

Or, track days and tuition

320d
Decat will make a big difference for £100ish. Yet that tends to go well with an aftermarket exhaust system, yozza or miltek for the 182 have the best reputation.

What about some second hand turinin's, they are the best alloys for RS clio's imo and renaults as they used them on the cup and trophy.

Personally I would go down the exhaust and decat route but thats all imo of course.

Oh and become a proper member of the club.

DCi
Parts I would consider for the money you have to spend:

Yozzasport Exhaust
RS Tuner from FastChips
Eibach Sportlines
ITG Maxogen
Matched Inlets
Any combination of the above that comes within budget.

Or, track days and tuition
approx. how much does getting the inlets matched cost?

I would like to get a De-cat, but that voids my MOT. I know it can be swapped over come MOT time, but with the car being under warranty aswell, i wouldnt want to possibily invalidate that too.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Brake upgrade defo first on the list. EBC Greenstuff pads for fast road use. Demon Tweeks do them fairly cheap. A track day is a real blast. I've done a few with the marshals club and had a huge amount of fun. Its a great way to find out how your car performs at the limit.
I'm looking forward to taking my clio round Oulton Park at the end of season track day for marshals.
I collect it on wednesday, can't wait!

Saxo
How much is that ITG Maxogen thing, after a quick google... I found them about £300+

I would cry if I had to shell out that kind of money for an air filter.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
How much is that ITG Maxogen thing, after a quick google... I found them about £300+

I would cry if I had to shell out that kind of money for an air filter.

well you dont have too, but you did ask what to spend £400 on ;)

sometimes you can find a few second hand ones on here for sale

Saxo
I bought a gash runaround 1997 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX for £300..

This offers a quieter, and more smooth ride, plus you dont give a s**t if you doosh it. Also with 4 doors, its a limo experience for my mates as we waft to our destination.

Preserve your Clio over the winter, and buy a shitter

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Eibach sportlines (£135)
ITG Panel Filter (2nd hand on here for about £30)
Decat (easy to change for mot on 182's, plus ony £55)
RS Tuner (£150 - www.fastchip.nl)

Total of about £370 :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
All those mods will need insuring as well, which adds to the cost. Plus the decat is an insurance voider.

400 pounds i would purchase

Eibach sportlines, brembo HC disks, ds2500 pads and braided lines, and have a bit of change, i think youll notice the most differnce with what ive suggested

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
£400 quid spent on a clio is money "wasted" when selling it with the car... and if you sell the kit on its own its half price so..

spend £200 quid on tonites euro millions :D and if you lose your no better off.