ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£400 for exhaust and tinkering….what to do?

172 (sold), Elise,
My new 172 has a loud and very visible twin pipe exhaust.

Going to change it for something more subtle and quieter and am considering my options. While I’m at it I might splash a little bit on performance mods but its key it doesn’t make it too noisy!

Choice 1 – Yozzasport stealth - £349.00 – and maybe enough for some decent pads. These exhaust as supposed to be v quiet and would be my first choice but a lot to spend on a ‘standard’ exhaust – nearly 10% of the value of the car!

Choice 2 – standard exhaust and decat (prob £150 total) and enough for an RS tuner. Would this be noisy? How bad is the standard backbox? Is this the best ‘power’ option?

Choice 3 – K-tech stealth (second hand) around £200 and RS tuner. Best ‘value’ package but I’m worried the k-tech might be too loud for me. I’m pretty certain that a de-cat with this would be too loud for me.

Choice 4 – no idea – anyone got any alternatives?!

BTW no driver tuition, track day etc ideas needed – already got these covered! Just looking for car stuff.

I'd go with option 3, best band for buck. However buying the exhaust S/H will waver any guarantee so make sure its in good nick!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
The yozzasport stealth is the quietist on your list.

I have a the SS k-tec stealth on mine. i like the noise it makes, but it is a lot lounder then the standard system.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
  Nissan 350z
If one of your reasons for wanting rid of the current exhaust is its "loud" and you want something quieter then you will want to avoid a decat because this will make anything you choose noisy.

172 (sold), Elise,
If one of your reasons for wanting rid of the current exhaust is its "loud" and you want something quieter then you will want to avoid a decat because this will make anything you choose noisy.

Is that still true if your running a standard backbox?

I'm considering going for the second hand k-tec - if its too loud for me I could sell it on an probably not loose much.

172 (sold), Elise,
Just thought of another option...

Standard exhaust (or maybe the k-tech mild steel one) - £150
matched inlets £150
RS tuner £150

Pretty sure I could get hold a standard exhaust cheap

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I wouldnt bother with a standard exhaust tbh, the mild steel is more like £230 as well dude, its decent though and quieter than the stainless version.