ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£40 for headlight bulbs?? UPDATED with Pics (56k beware)

Re: £40 for headlight bulbs??

I've order Xtreme White Plus, and I think they're the tougher anti-vibration ones too.

Think they're rated at 60/55 watts but produce 110/100 :evil:

I've only ordered them today though so I'll get some pictures up when they arrive and are in :cool:

Re: £40 for headlight bulbs??

Right, these have arrived and I've put them in...

Before:
cimg33041sv.jpg

After:
cimg33122sy.jpg

Difference in colour and brightness compared to standard cheapy bulbs: (PIAA on left of pic, standard cheap bulb on right of pic)
cimg33114wa.jpg

They're not the greatest pics I'm afraid, but you can just about see the more defined 'edge' to the beam and the whiter colour. I think I should have done a shot of the actual light produced on the road directly in front of you though - I went for a test drive after fitting them and the light cast from the car up to halfway to the end of the beam seems substantially brighter then the cheap ones. I can actually see the road and the kerb now when cars are passing head-on from the other direction! I'll update when I've been for a drive in really miserable wet conditions as that's when the cheap ones were worst...

:cool:

Last edited:
  LiquidPhoto.co.uk
was gona ask you what sidelights you had in, after you followed me out of the rws, they looked smart!!

back on topic, yea, an improvement, tricky to tell in a pic really tho!

mine are shockingly bad!

its abit odd when im driving along and the car beheinds headlights cast a shadow!
(not that theres usualy a car behind! ;) )

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Guess can't really see from the pics because it doesn't look to be much of an improvement at all.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Can see quite a difference in the last pic, i swaped the renault ones for Halfrauds Super Brights and they really did make F*** all difference :(

Tom - my original post many moons ago is here but the pics and links aren't working properly :( I think it was from www.ultraleds.co.uk and they're the 6 LED white ones. They look alright but half the LEDs seem to fail after about 3-4 months due to the heat from the main bulbs. Not an overly cheap habit to maintain at about £6 a go...

Rip3z - look at where the light beam stops on the tree in the middle and the building on the left - it appears more 'defined' and less soft-edged than the standard bulbs, but I do admit that I could have done a better job with the photography... :eek: :p

The main difference seems to be the light on the road in front of you - seems so much brighter than before!

edit: I notice that my slightly less than favourable review of the sidelight LEDs, pointing out that they fail, seems to have 'disappeared' from the ultraleds site... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
White16valver said:
edit: I notice that my slightly less than favourable review of the sidelight LEDs, pointing out that they fail, seems to have 'disappeared' from the ultraleds site... :rolleyes:

I wondered if sites do that - pathetic.

Skoda Fabia vRS
PIAA bulbs piss all over EVERYTHING else, if i could afford them id buy them again

i had a set of the £70 white ones in my Clio GTT and they are amazing

A lucky ebay spot! :cool:

Got the "Extreme White Plus H4 12V 60/55=110/100W ANTI-VIBRATION BULB" that should be £66ish for £39 delivered :p :cool:

Was hesitant about spending £40 on two small bulbs but the fact that recently I've literally been unable to see the kerb or even the road 5 feet in front of me while cars are coming past me from the opposite direction meant that I thought I should for safety reasons!!

Oh dear, shoudl ahve gone for teh Halfords rally ones, £16 for a set of 2, awesome on main beam, not much diff on dipped beam, 100w.

been runnign them for over 6 months wiht no problems