ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£392 to purchase, paint and fit a GT spoiler for my Clio 200. Good price or rip-off?

Clio 200 Cup
I posted yesterday that I am planning to get a gloss black vinyl roof wrap.

Before that, I want to add a gloss black GT rear spoiler to my Clio 200.

My local Renault dealer and their bodyshop have quoted me the following prices (all incl VAT):
  • purchase the spoiler £184
  • paint it gloss black £124
  • fitting £84
Has anyone had this work done before?
Do these prices seem about right?
Am I getting ripped off?

Any advice appreciated etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: £392 to purchase, paint and fit a GT spoiler for my Clio 200. Good price or rip-

£100+vat to paint and fit the spoiler should be adequate from a decent, smaller body shop.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Re: £392 to purchase, paint and fit a GT spoiler for my Clio 200. Good price or rip-

I'd not pay £84 for someone to fit it for me! Other prices don't seem excessive to me.

Clio 200 Cup

Thanks guys.

My complete lack of DIY skills and the fear of actually drilling holes into my car means that paying someone else is the only option!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Why don't you fire over an email to Spray Shack? I'm sure they're back in business for this kinda stuff now.

Clio 182 arctic

The gloss black painted spoiler will look different to the wrapped roof. Why not get the unpainted spoiler wrapped at the same time.

Clio 200 Cup

Why don't you fire over an email to Spray Shack? I'm sure they're back in business for this kinda stuff now.
Thanks. Just emailed asking for a quote. They are a bit further away but I would much rather support an indenpendent business.

Clio 197 F1

Thanks. Just emailed asking for a quote. They are a bit further away but I would much rather support an indenpendent business.
They ship you the product so you'd still have to fit yourself/pay someone. Spoilers about £310ish supplied and painted from sprayshack IIRC.

clio trophy 182

I dont think the price is particularly unreasonable. Is their work guaranteed? I would be tempted to shop around a bit though as you should get it cheaper than that

megane 285 sport

Always thought the gt spoiler couldnt be fitted other then from factory? And it requires a different boot.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Have Renault assured you it'll fit?

Dont want you paying all of that money to then be told you need a new boot lid :dapprove:
@copse

Clio 200 Cup

Have Renault assured you it'll fit? /QUOTE]

They have said that it will fit and sent me this diagram.
gt and cup spoilers.png
Have to say though that dealing with them has been a pain in the arse. I'm in work all day and don't have time to phone them Mon-Fri 9-5 so can only communicate via email and they are not open on Saturdays. However they take 36-48 hours to respond to a simple email (like people did back in 2002 before broadband and smartphones etc).

Also, I can't just leave the car with them during the working day because I need something to drive to work. Can't get a lift from colleagues or friends due to simple geography and they won't give me a courtesy car. From my naive point of view, that seems barmy. I'm wanting to spend nearly £400 with them and I will now have to wait until Easter at the earliest when I will have time off work. Why can't they just lend me some high mileage 5 year old 1.2 clio for 24 hours?

Rant over. So in short, yes they have assured me it will fit. However, their general indifference towards my custom has really put me off giving them my hard earned cash. I've got family who live down in Poole. Might combine a visit to them with that K-tec place that I think is also down there.

Clio200 EDC Lux

Seems a rip off, I fitted a cup spoiler to my old 197. Local bodyshop did it for £60 cash and I fitted it myself, trust me it may seem daunting to drill holes in you boot but if you take you time its easy.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I wish they'd send BOMs with their diagrams. I've never seen detail 5 on that diagram before.

i can't comment without more info but if they say it'll fit, on their heads be it :)

But you're right, it shouldn't be this difficult to give someone a large sum of money. Best of luck

megane 285 sport

All im saying is i remember a clio 197 owner taking his to twingogeekeo (renault dealers) on clio197.net to have one fitted and it turned out it wouldnt fit and it required a different boot.

Clio 200 Cup

All im saying is i remember a clio 197 owner taking his to twingogeekeo (renault dealers) on clio197.net to have one fitted and it turned out it wouldnt fit and it required a different boot.

You could be right. They didn't even seem to know the difference between the gt and the cup spoiler.

Lionel Richie

Where in the midlands are you? I'd take it to Motorbodies in digbeth, best there is, 0121 666 7778 (ask for Onka, yes its a weird name, say Fred sent you)

Clio 200 Cup

The gloss black painted spoiler will look different to the wrapped roof. Why not get the unpainted spoiler wrapped at the same time.
Damn. I'd just assumed that the roof could be wrapped in the same gloss black colour. Can you only get matt black rather than gloss black?

I rejected my first 200 as it came with GT spoiler and couldn't be swapped to a cup spoiler without a new bootlid.

Clio 200 Cup

Where in the midlands are you? I'd take it to Motorbodies in digbeth, best there is, 0121 666 7778 (ask for Onka, yes its a weird name, say Fred sent you)
Thanks I will do this week. I'm in Shropshire so Digbeth is an hour away and I kind of know the area. but if they'll do a good job, I don't mind travelling. As mentioned above, I'm not sure that my local Renault place knows what they're doing regarding whether the gt spoiler will fit with or without a new boot lid, the quality of their work and if it would be guaranteed. Thanks for the recommendation.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Damn. I'd just assumed that the roof could be wrapped in the same gloss black colour. Can you only get matt black rather than gloss black?

You can get gloss black, but gloss wrap looks different to gloss paint.