ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£370 / £440

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

For 60K service and Cambelt Change.

Is that right??? Seems bloody expesnive to me, thats Renault Ilkeston / Renault SHeffield, btw.

Might just get the cambelt done and carry on servicing the car myself and saving the recipts for who ever i sell the car to, hopefully theyll be able to see that its just the same. Or trade it in and let the dealer fill the book with their stamps.

cambelt = £150

service dependin on what there changing

air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, plugs should only come to bout £120

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

They both want £200 plus for the cambelt, £250 (Ilk) and £280 i think, then Ilkeston want £120 for a service and Sheffield want £180.

I forgot to ask what was included in teh service, but when i said tat it seemed steep he said, well we do check the brakes as well. Thats alright then.

I serviced it myself (well, my mate) for £60, that was air / oil filters, plugs and oil change. Gave him £30 and £30 for parts.

ARRRRGGGGHHH. Renault.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

72k or five years, whichever is soonest. Unless you are worried about maintaining FRSH, I would do as much as you can yourself and get cambelt done by any of the Renault tuning places on here who charge about £130 plus VAT.

Oil change inc filter can be done at National Tyres for £15 using semi synthetic. Plugs would be £10-£15 and take you a few mins. Air filter cant be much. As for brakes, I would just get the fluid changed at a garage and they would probably check the pads for wear at same time.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Matty on 08 March 2004

I would do as much as you can yourself and get cambelt done by any of the Renault tuning places on here who charge about £130 plus VAT.
Which places are these?

TBH, i will probably pay and get the cam belt done, just cos im lazy and at least itll be done.

Im not gonna bother with the servicing, got a mate who works for mercedes, wholl do all that for me, just hope who ever buys the car sees loads of recipts the same way as a service. Wouldnt have thought the car would lose that much without the history anyway, trade in price is crap, and the dealer will just stamp it with their stamp so they can say FSH, and if i sell it privately, they will use that to haggle £200 off the car, and not getting it done at Renault has saved me that anyway.

BBperformance tuning/Hill Power/GDi will all do it for you!

BBPT=Essex

Hill Power=Derby iirc

GDi=Cambridgeshire

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

derby eh.

Gonna give them a ring now and see if they can sort it out!

Thanks.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

woo hoo!

Hill Power will do it for £185.

Yipee!

Time to cancel Renault.