ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£350 to Spend on Mod(s), but which Mod(s)?

How do?

£350 to spend on mod(s). Give me some ideas. I've replaced induction kits, exhausts on old cars. Rather boring...:sleepy:

Must be engine performance related mod's only.

Oh yeah the car.... Clio Sport 172 MK1 stock.:cool:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
speek to benR he will do ur inlet mani for about 150ish irc, (gains between 8-12hp)

I have PM'd him. Any other ideas?

Where about's is he based?

Would a port and polish of the stock heads give much power gain? How much are we looking at?

I was getting an Xbox 360 for xmas with this money but play.com are still out of stock and I can't be bothered to wait any longer. Would prefer to spend the money on the beast with 4 wheels.:rasp:

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
AngelWorks manifold match should be about £180 (well worth doing)

AngelWorks Sprint head is £450 (plus labour for stripping refitting etc)

Based in Cambs.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
well i have the devil one think it s alil cheeper and isnt silenced, but yer u get the idea, the inlet mani job is a porting process, its been proven well time after time. ben is cambridge

I've got the one from k-tech as its silenced and would prefer that.

Anyone had the inlet manifold polishing done to their car? How long does it take to do? I do know a few mechanics who would do it for me but do you need to know specifically BenR's knowledge on the 172 engine or can any mechanic do it to the standard BenR does it to?

PS- thanks for help thus far.

Clio 172
Ben is held in higher asteem than God on here. You'll be getting the finest work possible judging by the responses on this site.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
KONI suspension kit for 330 at DT with Cliosport discount. Will transform your car.

Handling and Brakes should always be the first port of call.

EVOgone said:
KONI suspension kit for 330 at DT with Cliosport discount. Will transform your car.

Handling and Brakes should always be the first port of call.

I agree.

Forget the engine if you only have that much to spend. I have spent a few thousand on my engine and I think if I had to choose between my coilovers or the engine work I would choose the coilovers.

IMO an SS custom exhaust is a good mod for a better noise but no power gain.

If your heart is set on the engine you cant go wrong with Bens inlet work, I have had it done on my car but only as part of a bigger package of work. If it was me I would save up another few hundred and get a remap and Bens inlet manifold This work can be done by GDI who are in the same building as AWT(BenR).

Other reputable companies are Hill power (Midlands) http://www.hillpower.co.uk/ and BBPT (down south I think) http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/. Hill power do the inlet work and I think he does his own ECU chips. Not sure about BBPT although they do a Group N ECU for about £350 I think.

Thanks, I am planning to do other things but all in good time. I'm not going to throw thousands at the car straight away. I decided to start somewhere and wanted to start here. HillPower are fairly local to me, i'll try them.