ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£350 Budget.

DCi 100
I know they'll be many threads like this I'm sorry guru's :dapprove:

I have a £350 budget for a phone.

I currently have a vodafone SIM which I'm using for £15 a month, unlimited texts and 150 minutes or something which is a lifetime for me. Can cancel anytime.

Although I keep getting random calls/texts for the past few months from someone who's applied for a load with my phone number :mad: So a new SIM or something may be on the cards.

I only really use the phone for texting and an alarm, and look to keep it over 2 years like my current w880i I've had for 2 and half years (broken albeit now or I'd keep it).

Any help appreciated :approve:

Clio 182
Hi mate, I have my HTC Hero for sale at the mo. Its locked to Orange but its cheap to get it unlocked? I was asking for around £300 as its only a week or so old! Let me know :)

Laz

DCi 100
Not sure on iPhone, will it just be dead in a matter of 10/12 months?

I've had my iPods years and they have worn well, but that technology hasn't really advanced from add your music, insert ear phones and press play.

Titanium 182
I thought you only used your phone for an alarm clock and texting ? ;)

But yeah iphone or HTC hero.

iphone though. Seriously.

Mondeo diesel barge
Got to agree with either the HTC hero or Iphone. Got the hero myself, fcuking awesome phone :approve:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The two options shown are great! If you want a third option try Blackberry. I prefer my iPhone but I know its not for everyone ;)

Barge
If you're desperate for a phone now, then I'd get something other than an iPhone. As mentioned something HTC, or even just a good regular handset with some nice features (Facebook apps, upload vids straight to YT, etc.)

If you can wait till June for the new iPhone and can stomach a very poor contract 500 text limit (no option for unlimited, atm) and 600 minutes, you'll be able to have one. Unless you want to buy a used one (3G probably) off someone for around that money and just get yourself a sim card from a provider with unlimited text and unlimited data (as long as it's a 3G simcard) you'll be reet.

DCi 100
The back half of my phone atm is in two pieces, held together by the front. So turns off now and then when in my back pocket. Basically just need a new one.

Not really interested in facebook and stuff. Not going to get a very poor contract, rather have a cheaper less snazzy gadget kind phone and a better contract.

Barge
Well I guess if you don't want an amazing phone why spend up to 350 quid on it!? If all you do is text and call I'd get the best phone I could for nothing on a decent contract which meets my needs with regards to unlimited text and minutes an keep my pennies!

DCi 100
Well I guess if you don't want an amazing phone why spend up to 350 quid on it!? If all you do is text and call I'd get the best phone I could for nothing on a decent contract which meets my needs with regards to unlimited text and minutes an keep my pennies!

Aye true,

Just a simple Sony Ericsson again worth it?

What do you have personally?

Barge
I've got an iPhone, m'dear. If your not interested in the snazzy bits and pieces then don't bother IMO. There's some good normal phones on the market, before the iPhone I had a LG - steer clear. Sony ones saw me right for many years. Check out the W995. :)

DCi 100
Looks like a decentish phone. Nothing wrong with saving money, will look into specs when I'm awake tomorrow evening.

Nice 1!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
If you want your phone to break, I would 100% Recommend any Sony Ericcson. I told a friend not to buy one after his broke and guess what, he did and now he is using an old old Nokia.

As said, a HTC or Blackberry will see you good.