ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£347 worth paying for an extra 2 years of warranty?

Merc
As above. Tbh I think this is something that all companies are doing now-a-days in a bid to make more money the cnuts! But is it worth it?

Merc
The 200. It comes with two years and the option to extend for one or two years after that. But here is the catch; you have a year since you purchase the car to decide if you want to expand the warranty, however if you do it before three months have gone past since the purchase the warranty is cheaper than after that! :S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As above. Tbh I think this is something that all companies are doing now-a-days in a bid to make more money the cnuts! But is it worth it?

Whats wrong woth someone trying to earn money? If people didn't earn money the world would grind to a halt.

DB.

BMW 440i
What does it cover?

I probably wouldn't buy it tbh. Most stuff that does happen is wear and tear and not under warranty/relatively cheap to repair

Listerine & Poledo
Do it.

It'll be cheaper than paying out for all the Frenchness issues that are bound to happen

Clio Trophy
i bought my trophy 2nd hand obv and took out an aftermarket 2 year warrenty for 300...

the car is only 6 year old...

i have only had the car 11 month so far and in that time it has needed

front bearing
O2 sensor
rear brake caliper
new wishbone
new alternator
plus all the diagnostic hook ups paid for when engine management light goes on

all been covered under warrenty

id go for it cus if the timing belt goes in that time it will b under warrenty cus its less than 5 year etc

take it. whats 300 ontop of the price of the car. nothing :D and well worth the peace of mind

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
depends, if its a manufacturers equivelant warranty then id consider it, if its just one of these aftermarket ones that arnt worth the paper they are printed on then id give it a miss!

When we bought the Scenic a few years back I took extended warranty. The piece of s**t needed the following:

New steering column
New electronic dash
New heating resistor pack

Cost if I didn't have the cover? Little over £2000 parts and labour. As above, really depends on the model and age.

Its just additonal insurance and worth shopping around for if you want that peace of mind as dealers will usually mark up massively.

EDIT: The company I took gap insurance with does warranty, might be worth getting a quote for comparison. http://www.car2cover.co.uk/Car-Warranty

Last edited:
i got a 3 year warranty on my new 182 covers everything thts non serviceable items. main reason i got it was for the engine and gearbox to be covered.
can drive happy now