ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£3.50 answer to a stiff and creaky clutch?

Clio rs 182
Did this today following the guide, i must say what a difference it has made! Clutch no longer creaks and it a lot, lot smoother. Only problem i had was getting the rubber gator seated properly afterwards. This is a great (temporary?) fix!!!

182/ 172 Cup
I also did this, creek is back already!!! The noise is 100% not the cable on mine but the clutch itself. The car has sat still for 3 years though.

I used lithium greese, didn't last long at all. May try Somthing else

182/ 172 Cup
I also did this, creek is back already!!! The noise is 100% not the cable on mine but the clutch itself. The car has sat still for 3 years though.

I used lithium greese, didn't last long at all. May try Somthing else

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I lubed mine up ages ago and it came back a month later but that was with crap grease to just try it out :(

Siy

Clio mk2 1.6
All the image attachments from the guide seem to be dead..

does anyone have images showing the location of the release bearing/parts that i should be spraying?

i have a 1.6 16v and the clutch cable ends near the front of the engine, i can see a fork with rubber boot which is pulled by the clutch cable, is this as simple as pulling the rubber off then spraying into gap? or am i way off?

Thanks
Simon

1998 BMW e46 323i
What do Sideways Danny, Fred and the other experts have to say on this? I'd love to hear there input.

182/ 172 Cup
Tryed some lithium spray greese, lasted about a day,so i had nothing to lose and used some wd40 and it lasted about a week. I don't really no what to do now. The cars very low milage so the clutch shouldn't be worn.

182 FFAT
well if there's a squeak maybe we should find some type of grease that lasts more than a couple of days. let the search begin..
so, lithium spray grease doesn't work (you did spray in the areas mentioned by the OP right?)

182/ 172 Cup
Yeah obviously ;) it did stop but for only a day or so, no where near long enough. A month or so and I'd be happy, permanently and it would be awsome :)

182 FFAT
one thing bugs me. there are billions of cars using clutch mechanisms like ours, why aren't they squeaking? :mad:

182 FFAT
don't do that unless your clutch is worn out. back in sept 09 I changed my clutch with a helix organic unit and the squeak came back 3 days after!

182/ 172 Cup
I can't cope with mine, it's horrible to pull away with aswell as the creek!! It's almost impossible to get a smooth pull away. Could be the pressure plate fucked but after a spray with lube it's all good for a few days so..... I just don't no :(