ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£285!

Monaco Blue 172
Got told my exhaust system on the 172 has rotted. So need a new system (cat-back....i guess) and got quoted £285. And it only has 3 years warranty. Is there another stealth SILENT system for that price with lifetime guarantee?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Prospeed, Powerflow etc can build you a cat back silent system for about £320. That would come with a lifetime guarantee though.

RenaultSport 197
Tried K-Tec's latest stealth system? I heard they are made by Janspeed now and better quality? Possibly worth looking into them! :)

I'm getting a Powerflow stealth when I cough up the dosh lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I took mine in at 10am, collected it at about 2.30.

If they want to book you in for a weeks time or something daft, spin them a line about how its your mrs car and you borrowed it, shes back from work tomorrow and you don't want her to know you broke it! lol!

It works every time! ;)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Get a used STD system off ebay. It'll probably last as long as you keep the car.

On another note - Is it just me or are chaved up 172's appearing in Driffield now?

MK2 172
That sounds alot. What have they quoted you for a new back box or a new middle section? Does sound like they have given you a price for a new back box and centre section but unless everything has rusted you will only need one or the other??
The back box is @£103 and the sleeve to connect it to the middle section is @£19. The middle section is @£120. Recently got a new back box and the only place that could get me one is ATS. They did say that they could get a non genuine back box and it would be @£40 cheaper. At worst you can just go to your local Renault dealer and order the bits and then get a local garage to fit them.

Monaco Blue 172
Get a used STD system off ebay. It'll probably last as long as you keep the car.

On another note - Is it just me or are chaved up 172's appearing in Driffield now?

Lol interesting topic waitey. Seems to have been a boom in them since i bought mine which is disappointing. Even worse one is a good mate and other I know to talk to got their 172s soon after me. Which ones you seen that are chaved up? On the ATS thing thats who I have pre-ordered my exhaust through with a 3 year guarantee and they are doing it tomorrow. So the price is reasonable, time scale good, but 3 year guarantee is gash. So still undecided as I cant really wait as its fooking loud and in danger of falling off.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Lol interesting topic waitey. Seems to have been a boom in them since i bought mine which is disappointing. Even worse one is a good mate and other I know to talk to got their 172s soon after me. Which ones you seen that are chaved up? On the ATS thing thats who I have pre-ordered my exhaust through with a 3 year guarantee and they are doing it tomorrow. So the price is reasonable, time scale good, but 3 year guarantee is gash. So still undecided as I cant really wait as its fooking loud and in danger of falling off.

Errr the ones i have seen are. One with a Big magnex oval which doesn't fit properly and one with a magnex twin 3.5" which aslo doesn't fit right lol. Only has gash wheels too.

At least yours looks good.

I'm glad i'm unique with my iccle 106 gti lol

Monaco Blue 172

Errr the ones i have seen are. One with a Big magnex oval which doesn't fit properly and one with a magnex twin 3.5" which aslo doesn't fit right lol. Only has gash wheels too.

LOL right so are the ones you've seen are a silver one with an oval exhaust and gash wheels. And a silver one with a twin magnex?
Wish I was unique again :( saw the 106 other day, loving the colour.

Clio 172
my exhaust has just started blowing today but it sounds pretty bad now! I had a quick look and it looks like it the back box - does anyone know anywhere in the Sunderland area where i can get a decent system at a good price?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

LOL right so are the ones you've seen are a silver one with an oval exhaust and gash wheels. And a silver one with a twin magnex?

Cheers.

Silver one with oval and gash wheels

Blue one with gash wheels and a twin magnex

Also theres a 52 plate CUP who likes driving like a c**t but i've only seen it twice.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Powerflow systems are cheap relatively speaking, paid 200 for mine and apart from being a little too loud for my liking it's been great. Good fit and finish. Just ask them to make it quiter :p

Monaco Blue 172

Cheers.

Silver one with oval and gash wheels

Blue one with gash wheels and a twin magnex

Also theres a 52 plate CUP who likes driving like a c**t but i've only seen it twice.

Lol my mate Daz has the silver one, he's after a standard exhaust...told him wheels look gash but he wont believe me and the red callies dont go with the silver either. Seen the other Monaco blue one but dont know who it is. Haven't seen the cup, do know a guy with a 52 172 FF though.