ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£264.59 for a 24,000 service

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
F-ck me renault have upped their prices since i had my 172, got a print out from them with all their service interval quotes for a 182
£229- 12,000
£229-36,000
£264-48,000
£229-60,000
£1,231-72,000
£229-84,000
£264-96,000
These prices are from swansea renault, quote is for 182 with air con, they never asked me if i had air con on my 172 mk2 but the price is about £40 up on non air con. The funny thing was i told him all 182s have air con or climate , which he replied the cups have no air con and no abs thats why theres a price difference lol. Anyway booked my car into Gravels Renault Kidwelly for 200 quid.

36k is cheap considering they need to do the auxilliary belt.

We all know its recomended, but renault does not they still do a basic at 36k, you have to tell them then the price rockets

Why tell them? Why The *FCUK* should the customer tell the dealer what needs doing? Just let the monkeys do whatever it is they do, get rid before the warranty is up, and and never ever buy another Renault again as long as you live? Works for me anyway ;)

Also, tell every person you meet that thery should never buy a Renault. Perhaps one day they (renault) will get the message. I doubt it though :D

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Is this a joke?lol Surely the first service is just an oil and filter change? Got that done for £120 at my local garage on my S2000.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I had 72000 mile service including belts and a drive shaft gaitor done for £451 on mine. Sod dealer prices!!

BTW £230;

£30 for the regular old crude oil that they put into every car that comes through their doors.
£50 per tyre kick

Suzuki Swift Sport
Seems rather expenive.

The dealership i work for use Castrol GTX.

I would say most dealershipr would use a half decent oil??

How many dealers use the actual recommended oil for the RS models? I'd say about 1% at a guess. Not that it really matters but it's reasonable to expect that they would use what is recommended. Then again it's reasonable to expect that they would know what needs doing at each service so they clearly dont even read the manuals that we get with our cars.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
24k is missing ;)

um....the clues in the title.....;)

ps...48k service on mine from Renault [Grantham] was £162 inc 5w40 Elf synth oil. No air filter changed as i have ITG panel fitted.

previous 36k was about £360 inc aux belt

Is this a joke?lol Surely the first service is just an oil and filter change? Got that done for £120 at my local garage on my S2000.
Or just change the oil and filter yourself, even cheaper!:)

Bit more than just that.

How many dealers use the actual recommended oil for the RS models? I'd say about 1% at a guess. Not that it really matters but it's reasonable to expect that they would use what is recommended. Then again it's reasonable to expect that they would know what needs doing at each service so they clearly dont even read the manuals that we get with our cars.

How many owners actualy know what is the correct oil?

10-40 can be used contary to people opinions.

RenaultSport clio 18
The main dealers in harlow essex charged me for a new air filter on my 36K service. I then opened the bonnet to show them my induction kit and asked what exactly they had changed. They said it was an admin error.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
um....the clues in the title.....;)
ps...48k service on mine from Renault [Grantham] was £162 inc 5w40 Elf synth oil. No air filter changed as i have ITG panel fitted.

previous 36k was about £360 inc aux belt

^ was the 36k at Renault ?

Seems a fair price I was getting quoted silly prices

Yes Maz, Hylton Renault, Cheltenham.

Although recent interim requirements had BenR tinkering under the bonnet. It will prob go back to Angelworks in Nov aswell. Great service, very happy.

James

Classic Mini Cooper
Or just change the oil and filter yourself, even cheaper!:)

Bit more than just that.

Yep I know its more than oil and filter, but you'd be amazed how many people actually pay to have this done.

Da

Less
lol ,well I got a free courtesy car, mine was washed and vacc'd out. Plus i got a free air freshener and a compliments slip, beat that! :rasp:

Yes, as I implied in my post. Everything else is perfectly acceptable of course? Sometimes your defence of Renault service is mind boggling mate ;)

VRS
lol ,well I got a free courtesy car, mine was washed and vacc'd out. Plus i got a free air freshener and a compliments slip, beat that! :rasp:

lol ok matey you get bonus points for that :rasp: but at the end of the day its still at a stealers ;) whereas yoz is a pro ;) lol

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
where was that daz? :)

Nicholas Smiths in Skipton Annie, the ONLY renault dealer I would recommend in the area :)
PM me if you need their details, they know me personally ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm thats where all my service history is for! Well up until I bought it that is. Infact every receipt I seem to have is for them, from bulbs to cables.

Sy

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Well i have just booked mine in for 24k service £225.22 inc air con re-gas, which i think is quite reasonable (having said that my previous car was a lexus ls400...£180 for new bonnet lifters!)

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Why dont you just take it to local garage and get a oil and filter change thats all you need doing for a 24k service, renault rip you off by charging you for stupid things like topping up washer fluid!!! lol what a joke.

Pay you local garage £30 for oil and filter or buy some decent oil you self.

my car goes no where near reno, unless needed.

All servicing done at a mates who works for Subaru or Paul at RS Tuning.

I REFUSE to pay to let a monkey rag my car about when he sees it. Some tosser put 55 mile on it last time trying to find why it felt a bit loose on the steering. honestly.

Took my mate 5 mins and less than a mile to tell me the bottom arm needed replacing.

Yes, as I implied in my post. Everything else is perfectly acceptable of course?

The recomended oil is whatever is requiered down to temps etc.

10-40 is a fine oil to use just like 5-40 in the UK climate go live in the UAE and its thcker norway its 0-30 for the lower temps they get.

The manauls wrong realy the recomended oil doens't exist it what is suitable.

Renaultsport Clio 182
I just rang Wilsons Epsom - quoted £399 for a 24k service!!!
Where can I go instead around Epsom/Leatherhead? Bearing in mind I think I need an official dealer to keep my warranty intact.

clio 182 black /gold
My 24K is due soon. I have 150 in renault vouchers. So hopfuly it won,t cost that much.