ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£21.56

PH-QUICK
£20 on insurance for colour coded bump stripes and clear side repeaters!

That is just silly money, how does that make me more likely to crash or for the car to be stolen?

Saxo VTS
Because people are more likely to crash into YOU because your car looks so much cooler.

I have to pay an additional Handsome tax on my car insurance because I'm so good looking. Same idea really.

1.8 Civic EX
it won't make accidents more likely but it makes the parts more expensive to replace if they got smacked up as they will need spraying rather than just the bare plastic...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
it won't make accidents more likely but it makes the parts more expensive to replace if they got smacked up as they will need spraying rather than just the bare plastic...

most policies wouldn't cover the changes anyway

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
thats a joke! that will just be an admin fee wont be to do with the mod it self! tbh! i replaced my seats the other month and rang haliax! and they said - thanks for telling us but we didnt really need to know! LOL - first time an ins company has ever said anything like that to me!!!!!

mod like that isnt worth telling them tbh!

PH-QUICK

Yup would only replace to the standard part level i.e just pay for the black plastic.

Its with Elephant - was only £40 for Sportlines though, pretty inconsistent.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

Yup would only replace to the standard part level i.e just pay for the black plastic.

Its with Elephant - was only £40 for Sportlines though, pretty inconsistent.

Elephant are a joke! i was hit up the back side in my elise last year and they put the price up double on my renewal (even though it was not my fault and the third party admited liability) if i had kept the car i could have saved my self 1000.00 - i asked why and they couldnt give me a reason!! woudnt ever deal with them!!!! very poor!!!!!

Mk3 SX
They could be charging you just for the fact that they have to reprint the docs with the amendments made. Some insurance companies charge a flat rate of £20 for an amendment such as this, ie admin fee for paperwork.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
They could be charging you just for the fact that they have to reprint the docs with the amendments made. Some insurance companies charge a flat rate of £20 for an amendment such as this, ie admin fee for paperwork.

that will be the reason!! i woudnt have told them for something so minor its not a performace mod so there taking the mick!!!!!

PH-QUICK
yeea i guess admin fee has something to do with it, i shall see when they send the docs in the post i guess.

Don't crash and you dont have to deal with them....

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
yeea i guess admin fee has something to do with it, i shall see when they send the docs in the post i guess.

Don't crash and you dont have to deal with them....

all your doing is paying for some admin person - your keeping them in a job! fair enough! but certain things arent worth involving them (learnt from experience!)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
insurance is just a scam anyway - pay a grand a year for something you havnt used in anyway!

i know mate! but its the law :( we all have to have it! but they do take the mick!

As i say i have found Halifax to be perfect when i told them about my new seats! i expected to pay something! (a mod like that i thought they would at least charge me a admin fee)

Some companys even charge for change of number plate details :(

Halifax didnt

Thumbs up for Halifax - thumbs down for Elephant

Mk3 SX
I'm in insurance and all i can say is that you find out how good your insurance company is when you need to make a claim. I hear this on a daily basis from cleints..."i wish i'd used a broker" yes you do pay a small amount to go through a broker but it's money well spent if you ask me.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Hehe LOL @ declaring side repeaters and sidestrips :D

I have a Cliosport sticker - should I perhaps declare that?

Dan

Mk3 SX
I agree, it's a joke. Insurers require ANY modifications to be declared. Side repeaters though? i bet they wouldnt even notice they werent standard.

80MPG BEEZA
you'll probably find out thats just the fee for handling processing the information, i can do any mods other then performance to my car with adrian flux and it only costs me an extra £20 for each time i do something which is just for admin fees hence i do a few things then tell them

b/g 182, meg tourer
you'll probably find out thats just the fee for handling processing the information, i can do any mods other then performance to my car with adrian flux and it only costs me an extra £20 for each time i do something which is just for admin fees hence i do a few things then tell them

yep, batman is right. thats the best thing to do.