ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£205 pounds to tax my 172

greedy fookers i just got tax today for my 172 and it cost me 205 notes . right into browns pocket .. fooker petrol up in price and now my fuking tax . this country is getting worse . i have been staying in amsterdam for the past 6 years . been home for just over a year . this place is nuts . we r taxed to the hilt and no one talks out about it . what is it with the ppl of britain we just take what ever the gov make up and we just accept it . its nuts . soon we will all be working for nothing its a scam the whole goverment is a total bunch of crooks . i used to be proud to be british but i do have second thoughts about that . i could go on all f**king day about it . the taxes go up to support the imigrants i thing it must be ... god our country is in a right state and its thanks to the goverment . all i can say is we need a revolution in this country . the last time we was close to anything like that was in the maggie thatcher years . .... does anyone else have the same view on things .

just my tuppence worth

All the tax you've paid clearly isn't funding Education or your shift/caps lock key is broken.
Dude, you posted what I was just about to post! Even without the key being broken, it's terrible English.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
alot of you are talking the right way for road pricing to be introduced so shhhhht!!!

what you lot seem to want are pesonalised taxing specific to your personal driving.
it would take millions upon millions to set about an infrastructure to do that, the arguement of i have a v8 but only fo 5k a year, i cant produce more thana 1.2 doing 15k, that probably true, but generally small engines to small miles, big engines do big miles.
if you think about it if you drive a 1*2 doing about 33mpg, on 8k ayear, you spend about 1400 on fuel and tax (tax at £260). where as i spend in my 1.2 doing 15k a year, with tax at £120 about £1800 so i am paying because i polute more to the summ of £400! hell you'd still be paying less than me if was in a prius with no road tax!!
we already do have a simple form of road pricing its called fuel tax, where you pay per mile effectively the more you use the more you pay.
road pricing would work the same you would be tracked and chanrge per mile, but not only would it be prices depending on roads and time but also what car, but what car will also me taken into concideration, to high polluting cars will probably be charged at a higher rate. the same as they are now, but with the other variables it'd work out alot worse for most people. plus that leaves you open to speeding charges without cameras and such. whi no noe wants.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
paid £101 for 6 months yesterday on my mk1 hybrid ( 1.8 16v on log ) went up £2 from last year. glad older cars dont get hit as hard:D other option would be to buy an imported rx7, rapid but only £120 for 12 months tax ;)

Last edited: