ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£200 for an LG £1,400 47" LED TV

Pixmania SAS just sent you a refund
Pixmania SAS just sent you a full refund of £228.90 GBP for your purchase.

Ah well, I lost the money for 12 hours.

fiesta 1.25
Got the same e-mails and lost nothing so it was worth a go.

The explanation-Legally, the order is not valid as the price is deemed vile.

E36 328
Lol got the same email. Vile is a very strange choice of word??

vile (vl)
adj. vil·er, vil·est
1. Loathsome; disgusting: vile language.
2. Unpleasant or objectionable: vile weather. See Synonyms at offensive.
a. Contemptibly low in worth or account; second-rate.
b. Of mean or low condition.
4. Miserably poor and degrading; wretched: a vile existence.
5. Morally depraved; ignoble or wicked: a vile conspiracy.

The amount of orders for the item would have set off alarm bells Most companys are covered in the event of a mistake Close but no cigar :rasp:

Clio 200 Raider
lol did u guys actually think u would get the tv?

pixmania aren't a dodgy company, its just a simple misprice which these companies online never honour and can always get away with it.

play.com misprice a lot ive noticed too.

lift number 1 @ btm
there is a big thread about this on moneysaving expert, "vile price" is a legal term but seems to apply to immovable objects?

there is also a solicitor on there who thinks there are grounds for a class action against pixmania, so maybe you could all still be onto a winner..

Cupra
Doubt it. There was a similar case with a dutch online shop, and they also tried a lawsuit. Somebody even started up a site to collect for the legal fund, but I suspect that they used their collection to buy themselves the TV at the normal price instead.

How can people seriously think that it is fair to sue the company for making a mistake and forcing them to loose hundreds of thousands of pounds? Fair enough if you get a bargain, but to still try and take when the mistake has been realised is just cuntish IMHO.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Different vouicher code for me.

Infact, I remember trying to buy a Camera lnes a few years back that was also mispriced from Pixmania - I rememebr getting the same voucher from them!