ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£2.5k What to do with it

Right my poor old valver engine is sounding poorly:( Not suprising after 130k thou, i bet shes had a hard life!!!

I have decided to get me a £2500.00 loan to freshen her up a bit, was thinking a weekend in a health farm and a face pack lol or maybe a week at BBPT for the works!!

What should i do? as i have a few options and cant decide which is the best route to go down!!

1: Willy/Megane 2.0 Conversion Plus tuning i.e head work, Ecu Chip and cams etc!

2: Get the BBPT Head, Cams and chip package for £1420.00 and get the bottom end rebuilt!!

3: Sell the valver and put the loan towards buying a Willy 1/2/3!!!!

4: I have the option of buying another valver and box and tuning that one with the cash then drop her in my motor when its all done!!!!

5: Sell the valver and use he loan to buy a completely different car!!

Im looking also at the re-sale value of doing up a 1994 valver, would i get good returns on any of the above ie 2.0 coversion or BBPT Head, Cam package!!

Lionel Richie

Search the country for a willy engine, bolt it straight in and go out for a BIG night with the change

Quote: Originally posted by t_sheen on 09 November 2003

put it towards a cup;)
to be honest i could geta 172/CUP if i wanted to get into that sort of debt, but i prefer the look of the valver/willy as they look a lot more aggressive and look like a sporty car! Where as the 172/CUPs look just like most other clios and my mates cant tell the difference!! Turns and runs before getting flamed!!

I dont think i could afford the regular servicing on a willy at renaults prices and i think a willy should have FRSH!!

Is there any difference between a willy/Megane coupe engine and gearbox?

what you gota think about is when you goto sell it. in a couple of years they will probably only going for around £800

Not too sure about the prices dropping that much. The Valvers are a sound investment, if you set aside running costs. I paid £2000 for mine a year ago, and expect to sell it for £2000 in a couple of weeks. There will be a point that really clean valvers will be like 5 turbos and Mk1 Golf Gtis, the price will start creeping back up.

duno i got mine for £5200 just over 3 years ago and sold it for £2800 renault said they give me between £800 and £1200 for part ex, plus i seen em real cheap on autotrader.

I was in a similar situation in that I had some dosh burning a hole in my pocket after my planned 2.0 conversion on my old Valver fell through. It seemed the most sensible and cost effective thing was to get a low-mileage Williams with the money I had. Im not dissing 2.0-conversions, but at the end of the day I paid £2,000 on top of the sale of my 16V to get myself a mint Williams 1 with 54k on the clock. It would have cost me nearly that much to get the 2.0 conversion (once Id added all the necessary other bits), which would be brilliant but Id never get the money back. As it is, Id be surprised if my Williams would sell for less than I bought it for and its a lovely car to boot. :D

Oh, and BTW, my previous Valver had a head and cams package and I doubt it was worth the money the previous owner had spent on it. The Valver went for £2,700 in the end - a car with leather, immaculate bodywork, tuned engine, refurbished Phase2 wheels, ICE and detailed eveything.

Agree with Ben! His car was mint (if its the one Im thinking of!) but you wont make the money like you do on a mint williams. If you can sell yours for a couple of grand, thatll give you 4.5k to get a good williams - which will be a bit tricky but can be done. :) Plus you get the better handling and more power of the williams in one hit!

Titanium 182

smokey u know the best way 2 enjoy 2.5g son

big load of dope and a few quality nites out

and maybee a few daft service bits if u have the change ;)

Titanium 182

you love it m8

sorted me a right good thurs nite did the chronic;)

but i mean u could make a right investment there, if u dont use it all for personal:D

but really why dont u do some thing simlar to rockport? cost him around 1400 fitted, and then spend 1k on lowering and profesional colour coding and few little niggles sorting (if you have any? as its a valver i bet u do lol)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Mk1 williams are pretty cheap now.The gearbox has lower ratios to the standard valver as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Dean on 10 November 2003

you love it m8

sorted me a right good thurs nite did the chronic;)

but i mean u could make a right investment there, if u dont use it all for personal:D

but really why dont u do some thing simlar to rockport? cost him around 1400 fitted, and then spend 1k on lowering and profesional colour coding and few little niggles sorting (if you have any? as its a valver i bet u do lol)

Dont ya mean sh*t load of niggles!!!lol

Thats how im gonna be paying off my loan with the money i make from selling the chronic!!

Am thinking more towards the 2.0ltr conversion, dont get me wrong id love a willy but the servicing would cripple me bank account and id like to tint windows change wheels colour code etc and i think a willy should be left well alone!! Maybe when i come to sell the valver in a cpl of yrs i will buy a willy!!

Only problem now is sourcing the willy engine!! Or a Megane coupe engine!!

dont really wanna go for a willy just yet as i couldnt afford to look after it properly and prefer the look of the 16v/willy over the 172 by a long way!! The only new shape clio id consider is the V6 but thats way out my league!!

well ur shells mint isnt it???

that being the case, deffo keep it and do engine work.

go for 2.0l from willy if u can find one, but keep 1.8, then if you go to sell it and cant get the money u wont for the 2,0l valver, swop engines and sell it seperatley.

that would leave you a bit left over, to do anything else that needs doing.

Tidy valvers/willys are quickly dieing out, Id keep it deffo!

Titanium 182

:D:Dhehe all these figures right iv got the cash flow sorted G

slam it on apex susp kit 200

get it colour coded 200

sell your rims and get some new 17s? 700 then what ever you get for yours

1500 roughly leve for conversion and mechanical etc, i think it cost rockport 1300? not to sure

that leaves 100 for a big dope session in a small room:eek: :D

and when uve spent up yep, you will have a slammed 17d up colour coded speed machine! i think your car needs them prima wheels also look mint! in silver or gold

mailto:lol@Dean">lol@Dean, your a (y) mate!!

But am hopfully gonna go look at this one :D

1995 RENAULT CLIO 2.0 Williams 3,

3dr Hatchback
Metallic Blue ABS E/S/R E/W Recently fitted Clifford Alarm,Alloy wheels plus 2 spare alloys. FSH Tax & MOT, 1 prev.owner. 62000 miles. £4650 .

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1068507418__willy.jpg

Have the funds if i sell my valver!!:D

My body work isnt mint it has a bit of rust starting around the rear offside arch and a little along the passenger door!! Nothing a new door and a handy bodyshop couldnt sortout for next to nothing!! So was gonna go for a full respray if i keep it and just work on my engine!!

Titanium 182

sweet, that looks nice but like u said

williams is to be kept std

i prefer slammed on 17s and getting thrshed id sort the valver out lol

then again if i did own a willy id still slam it on speedlines

Buy my valver!!lol
Seriously tho mate id just take out 1k,sort bodywork and replace rings,liners,stem oil seals and HG.Looking at 600 for that lot.While your at it perhaps cams.then itd be Quicker and last alot longer and youve not got into too much debt!