ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£160 for pads?

2000 Clio 172
Just took my car to the garage for new pads, was told I just needed front pads by quick fit, but the garage I went to (used before) have just rang to say they fitted front and back and its going to cost £160, that does include re routing the throttle cable as apparantly it was not fitted correctly...

Does that seem excessive?

2000 Clio 172
I had a price of £70, but when he rang he said he had fitted them and its £160, I dont suppose I can do anything about it.

Titanium 182
Is that for OEM pads ? eg the £40ish ones.

I'm sure you can figure it out from that price.

Yes you can, tell them that you are not happy with that and you didn't ask for the work to be carried out or the price is vastly different to that stated.

£160 for pads ffs!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
They cant just double the price without clearing with you first, this is why I hate garages!

911 GT3, 320i, M3
if they've fitted front and rear pads and used renault pads the pads must be £90 leaving in the region of £70 to have fitted them.

does seam slightly high but not that silly in the grand scale of things.

330Ci Clubsport
plus messing with the throttle cable.

seems dear for sure though. wouldnt have thought more than an hour to fit the pads.

911 GT3, 320i, M3
what do they charge per hour? 50 +vat would be fairly normal around my way with main dealers up around £120-150

330Ci Clubsport
if you didnt ask for the rears ask them to remove them before you pick it up as you arent paying for them

Ph1
You go in for brake pads and they start sniffing about the throttle cable. How does this work?? :S - Sound dodgy as to me

Rear pads are 12 quid from Halfords for branded pads. Not sure what price stock front ones are.