ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1400 to spend on upgrades, your thoughts...

BG 182 & 225 T
As titled, I'll be selling my second car soon so should have about 1400 to spend and putting it straight into my 182.Already has a full miltek exhaust, lowered on fk coilovers and had a rs tuner remap.Just looking for ideas to make it it faster, throttle bodies cams etcCheers!!

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Suspension and handling upgrades.

Puremotorsport top mounts/strut brace combo, refresh all the rubber bushes etc. Whiteline RARB, solid engine/gearbox mounts.

I wouldn't bother with engine mods, not much else you can do to it engine wise unless you want to spend a fortune on an ITB setup.

Concentrate on the handling modifications and the car will feel totally different.

What's your service history like, a full Cambelt change could take a chunk of that.

Cams & bodies will cost more than £1400. I agree with the handling mods

BG 182 & 225 T
What are itb's?

its fully polly bushed on the engine and gearbox mounts, got the coilovers yesterday and made a hell of a difference with that combo so handling is pretty spot on. Seen the cams were 600 on ktec, just meant one of the other.

service history is quite good, but a service is always good

107 Track Car & C4
I would just replace any worn parts to tighten the car back up, maybe with uprated parts as you go. I really wouldn't bother with engine mods.

Whiteline ARB is something I would suggest handling wise.

Clio 172 phase 1
Suspension and a set of cams cams on ktec fitted and mapped are like 1200 ish i think and the rest can go on suspension don't get alot for 1500 quid sadly :( sell it all and buy an ol skool ford with a turbo :) that's my plan going to finish my xr2 zvh conversion :)

Suspension and handling upgrades.

Puremotorsport top mounts/strut brace combo, refresh all the rubber bushes etc. Whiteline RARB, solid engine/gearbox mounts.

I wouldn't bother with engine mods, not much else you can do to it engine wise unless you want to spend a fortune on an ITB setup.

Concentrate on the handling modifications and the car will feel totally different.

This is all that needs to be done. Suspension ,steering componets and all bushes refresh is the best upgrade you can do imo

Listerine & Poledo
I'd just keep modifying the fuel tank with 98 RONs

Go do a couple of track days maybe? With instructors.

Or maybe have a good holiday instead, and not p1ss it away on a hatchback

S4 Avant
£1400 is a very useful sum of money. In 4 years time, when you're struggling with bills and a house, you'd be glad to have 1400 sitting around, because you didn't piss it away on a car.

Sadly I ignored this advice when I was a teenager, just as you'll ignore this now and waste it on a car.

Then when you get older, the teenager that you warn will ignore your advice as well.

£1400 is a very useful sum of money. In 4 years time, when you're struggling with bills and a house, you'd be glad to have 1400 sitting around, because you didn't piss it away on a car. Sadly I ignored this advice when I was a teenager, just as you'll ignore this now and waste it on a car. Then when you get older, the teenager that you warn will ignore your advice as well.

Way I see it though. Is you only live once.

To say he will need it later in life is just as likely to happen as saying he wont need it. Maybe he will be minted or will win the lottery and look back and say I wish I spent my money on my car back then to have fun when I was young. Who knows ;)

Don't get me wrong I'm all about saving money though lol.