ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£13k Mac Pro

Purely for those who need everything in there lives.

System only:

2x 2.93GHz 6 core Intel Xeon Processors
64GB of RAM
Raid card
4x 512gb SSD
2x ATI Radeon HD 5770 HD
2 SuperDrivers

Mental.
Anybody think of anything more expensive excluding servers?

You can get it much much higher than that. You're clearly not trying!

When I win the lottery I'll max it out and order one because I'm a massive geek :eek:

Well you can get the mac pro to £14,152 system only...

Any higher than that is servers

EDIT: I lie, cant get a mac pro above £14,152 without adding screens and software or upgrade mice/keyboards

I ticked everything, Im just doing the system so that doesn't include the screens and software etc.

TBH, if I won the lottery id buy one for myself and a load of mates. Depending on the win of course.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've hit £30K on a decent Mac Pro before :eek:

With a couple of screens, and some software and accessories though

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
4x 27" would be perfect.

Thats too many, I'd have 3 in total. One infront of me, and to the left normal orientation, then another to the right in a vertical position.

I'd have a top spec air too for my portable.

Thats too many, I'd have 3 in total. One infront of me, and to the left normal orientation, then another to the right in a vertical position.

I'd have a top spec air too for my portable.

Nah. 2x2 on the wall infront you. Perfect.

Monaro VXR
Nah. 2x2 on the wall infront you. Perfect.

It's a shame they went with the cheap 5870 version and not the eyefinity one.

I mean just think if they went with the good cards and allowed you to use multiple 5870's you could go mental..... Although I think I would need an extension for my study...and a mortgage for the screens.

Ati_Eyefinity_AMD.png

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
At that kind of money you'd expect more graphically, mine cost less than half that and has 2 x 580 GTXs

My pal just spent £4k+ on a self-build that would tear that a new one in any game at any resolution. Seems a bit daft.

Bear in mind what someone would spec a £10k+ Mac for though.

Not gaming. lol

Yeah that's true enough. Let's be honest though. What other application could possibly need that much power? Rendering Toy Story 12 in real time? Not with those lame ass gfx cards. I can understand it of course, as I love Steve like a brother but, for me, the search for ultimate power is in PC land. I do want 27 winches of iMac though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Agree'd'ed'd. PC is king for gaming/modelling/render.

Never thought about selling your 17" MBP and going 27" i7?

You'd still get good monies for the MBP, and a hero-spec 27 runs about £2k.

You know you want to. iMac for home, MBP for sofa/portability.

Agree'd'ed'd. PC is king for gaming/modelling/render.

Never thought about selling your 17" MBP and going 27" i7?

You'd still get good monies for the MBP, and a hero-spec 27 runs about £2k.

You know you want to. iMac for home, MBP for sofa/portability.

Nah it's not that simple for me. I travel with my 17" & 13" MBPs. One I use business, and the other for movies and TV shows (and writing code because the screen pwns the 13"). Then I have my games PC at home in the UK. I wouldn't use an iMac. I do want one though. Never say never. 27 winches of gallywinium FTFW. I make dk look like an unwashed vagrant, so I'd just send Jeeves out to get one with what's in the loose change pot. No need to sell my 17" :eek:

Just had a good money saving idea. My 13" is smashed to f**k, so I could throw it away, buy an iMac 27", then with the money I saved, buy a 13" MBA. Deal?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just had a good money saving idea. My 13" is smashed to f**k, so I could throw it away, buy an iMac 27", then with the money I saved, buy a 13" MBA. Deal?

Or get Apple to replace the Unibody and LCD @ £400, then sell it for £800 and buy a 13" MBA for £1,300.

That's lbrench value.