ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1000. What do I spend it on?

200sx S14 Strawberry
My 182 is standard apart from a viper fitted. Got about £1000 to spend on the engine. Thinking of getting a Milltek exhaust, de-cat/sport cat and re-map. What would you do?

If you have a simular setup, whats it like and is it worth it?

CTR--VX220D
Save it for when it breaks! lol

Id go for a decatted YS System, BMC CDA, Oversized CAF, Remap. [your not going to get anymore on that budget]

Personally Id get some coilovers first though before touching the engine.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
as said, coliovers or eibach sportlines (depends on usage) before the engine. wouldnt bother with the exhaust till the original falls off, then a BTB & sports cat. inlets & remap a good start tho as you already have a viper.

200sx S14 Strawberry
Thanx for ur replies. A few have said get coilovers, my cars only an 05 plate and 10k, so the shock SHOULD be in good condition. Would it not pay to wait at least a year.

I spoke to KTEC and they said that because the car is still under warranty it would be best for me to get a sports cat instead of a de-cat pipe. But thats £200 more. Is a sports cat worth the extra?

*BEN P* - I already have a tv and magic tree in the car. But I like ur thinking.

Clio 172 Mk2
i wouldn't bother with the sports cat mate to be honest, they're more hassle than they're worth in my opinion. Perfect things for you to do in my opinion would be to get a nice exhaust put on it, get a modified inlet from Ben R and then get it remapped by pmurray. That should bring you to about 800-900 and you'll have a right nippy motor on your hands!!

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
the handling is the best mod you can do, try some eibachs for starters as they are fairly cheap.
decat will give the best results, at mot time you will just have to swap it back. sports cat is for the lazy arse who wants piece of mind (me!). as for exhausts there arnt many that have been properly tested for real gains, if you want a 'nice' exhaust get a blue flame, at the other end of the scale a BTB. its all down to how much £ you intend to throw at your car in the future.

200sx S14 Strawberry
I was told that I mite get a problem with the sensors on the cat so i should go for a sports cat. I would rather de-cat, but I don't want problems effecting my warranty

Lionel Richie
sport cat has the same probems with the light

we have loads of customers running our decat with their cars still under warranty, its rare for the light to come on with our decat

sounds alot of money ....but spend i'd spend it on inlet manifold/plenum matching , decat and good exhaust system or get coilovers instead of the exhaust .

Milltek'd 182
What i'm doing/done to mine -
Milltek exhaust - love it
Inlet matching by APD
Remap by Pmurray
-maybe a maxogen/decat not decided yet. the maxogen will have to wait till i change insurance company!

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
maxogen is waste of money I think, get ITG panel filter, de-cat, port matched inlet manifold, rest is yours :)

Better than yours. C*nt.
if noise is your only criteria no more to say :) enjoy your maxogen.

It's a tad expensive, and for the money the fit is shocking (I've had to take my carpet lining out from the bonnet, which isn't really a bad thing but still!) but it's definately quicker and the sound is absolutely pant-wetting.

I've got a video of a thrash (on private land, occifer) on my phone just now, just gonna take the sound out as the video is just of my changing gear and the climate control! Lol.