ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£100 quid at halfords!!

Fiesta ST
on cleaning products.

Meg Shampoo
Scratch x
quick clay
mitt
wipes
autogymm polish
autogymm protection
tyre spary

oh matts and caliper paint as well, cant wait for the summer!!

M140i/Orange 182
kool, carnt wait till summer...fecking april showers is well and truely with us..!

Clio 04 172 Cup
Ted182 said:
kool, carnt wait till summer...fecking april showers is well and truely with us..!

Tell me all about it! Had mine looking the best yesterday and then it pee'd down thouroghly pee'd off meself. Never mind it was theraputic as in I didnt have to listen to her indoors whinging on.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Rich said:
Agreed - had to wash two cars this morning in the rain!

I gave mine a quick shampoo and chamois this morning. Whats best to use instead of chamois Rich? I hate them, they're hard work and get dead dirty, which obviously isn't good for the paintwork.

Focus RS, 182 gone
dont use that scratch x on it m8, it will f00k the paint trust me, it nearly did on mine, left some wierd light patches on the paint that took ages to polish out. Iv used it on me old vts and it was fine but the clio paint and laqure is a lot softer, bin it

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive used it on mine with no problems, scratch x is actually quite mild and needs quite a few applications to get any marks out

106 GTi
azzer2000 said:
dont use that scratch x on it m8, it will f00k the paint trust me, it nearly did on mine, left some wierd light patches on the paint that took ages to polish out. Iv used it on me old vts and it was fine but the clio paint and laqure is a lot softer, bin it

No dont bin it - Learn to use it as directed!

Loads of people have used Scratch X on here, if it is leaving marks your not using it properly.

It contains diminishing abbrassives which start of harsh, if you use it a bit then stop you dont break the polish down and it leaves marring. You need to work in a small section back and forth until the polish is almost completley gone with no residue to remove. This way it ensures the polish breaks down into a fine finishing polish. Even on black if used properly you can get away with a wax ready finish just with Scratch X.

To do a whole car is hard work as it takes some real elbow grease, as Brun said its not that harsh as you need several applications per defect in most cases.