ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

’Cluncking’ noise on full lock

My Cups got 3,700 miles on it now and recently Ive noticed a cluncking noise when turning with a right hand full lock, both moving forwards and in reverse. The noise is clearly coming from around the right front wheel. Aside from the noise the car doesnt feel any different when turning, and I only get this noise on a full, or near full right hand turn

Any ideas what this may be or has anyone else experienced the same problem?

cheers

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Exact same for me, common problem apparently, not even sure theres a definite fix (well, not one that ALL Renault dealerships know about anyway).

Booking mine in soon...

Mark

insignia

(172)mines just got 1508 miles and i noticed the knocking the otherday.from what i read on here there aint no point in taking it to the garage coz its just a common fault without a cure,same with that awful sound when spinning in first.only done it twice and will make sure i dont drive it off for it to do it again

Mine did similar - is yours sort of like a loud cracking noise - if it is the same problem - they tightened the steering rack and it cured it.

Elise/VX220/R26

They mooved some aircon pipes on mine that seemed to cure it but now its back. Booking it in again soon