ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yes, it's a Dacia!

I swear if I ever see one more person compare used prices with new, I'm gonna unplug the internet.

He could have bought a f**king M3 if he wanted to, BUT HE DIDNT WANT TO SO SHUT THE f**k UP!

133/225/CLS AMG
I'll have a read of that when I get home mate. :)

And yes there is a certain charm to their simplicity, one of the reasons I feel it kind of has a bit of character to it. Personally I don't think I could live with the Access models as they are completely basic but if I wanted to go soft-roading the cheapest 4WD diesel model would be good fun.

Pants music in this video of the Renault Duster but appears to go off-road : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlbEWTKuT_w

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Did you consider an M3? Could have got a mint one second hand for the same price?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I swear if I ever see one more person compare used prices with new, I'm gonna unplug the internet.

He could have bought a f**king M3 if he wanted to, BUT HE DIDNT WANT TO SO SHUT THE f**k UP!

+1. Morons.

I'm sorry the argument is not moronic. We're not talking about an old expensive M3 vs a Clio here. We're talking about a pre-registered car that might be 3k cheaper than rrp vs a new Dacia Duster.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe this is one car you cannot compare with anything....

133/225/CLS AMG
It's a tricky one with Dacia and getting them cheaper as they will not offer any discounts so no buying from brokers and no discounts through dealerships. You could in theory buy an ex-demo model though I guess.

Then again buying any car new vs pre-reg or 2nd hand will always throw up that question of value.

Personally I do value being able to choose your favoured spec, colour, trim and being the first driver/owner to be worth that premium. That said I have tended to hang onto my last two new cars as I've had the Megane since it was new in 2006 and the Twingo is now 3 years old and no plans to sell.

133/225/CLS AMG
That's kinda what we had in mind or at least to the point where it's not worth worrying about.

In my mind I like the idea of keeping it until the Mrs wants something else and it's an older car, then whacking some offroad tyres on it and going off roading. Being the 4wd model it's got a heftier sump guard and more ground clearance so has potential.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Yeah TG have been plugging them for ages haha. I like the simple - honesty if that makes sense. Quite a funny review of a Da-chee-a here; http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/04/26/a-week-with-a-dacia-sandero/

Love Sniff Petrol.

This morning a woman in a BMW tried a shitty low speed lane change right in front of me. For a brief moment I thought about not touching the brakes and just driving into her. I’ve got black, unpainted bumpers. She’s got 26 payments left on that 318i and the deposit was more than the value of my entire car. But that wouldn’t have been very nice. And the Sandero isn’t mine.

:rasp::rasp::rasp:

133/225/CLS AMG
If my Mrs gives birth to a child large enough to drive then I'm out!

Child birth is like watching your favourite pub burn down as it is let alone a giant baby!

Clio
I know what I meant ;)

ive got a a3 s-line sportback and a 4 month old and is JUST big enuff.

Babbies have a lot of crap . Things that are a must are headrest mirror and window blockers

Disastra Coupe
You CANNOT compare new vs. used. It's as simple as that Gally.

Yet somebody might pick pre-registered over new... So why wouldn't you be able to compare it? If i was getting just as decent a car with a few thousand miles on for a couple of grand or so less i'd go with the older one.

If it's an option then ofcourse you can compare.

Disastra Coupe
It's not as monstrous as you think mate, apart from being tall it's similar in terms of size to something like a Focus/Megane estate car.

Also the dci 4x4 has a kerb weight of 1,300kg and the Megane dci estate is about the same kerb weight so this car isn't ridiculous in terms of size for a child and all the stuff that comes with one. It's just nice to have a big, cheap to run very practical car.

That's fair enough... I guess when you look at any sort of 'crossover' as they're calling them now according to Top Gear the height of them just makes you think it's bigger in other directions too.

133/225/CLS AMG
Yeah it's not as tall as you'd expect although like any SUV/4x4 it's tall enough to tip over if you drive like a mong.

It's actually really nice to get in something call and spacious though, I can see why people like these kinds of cars although I'm hate a lot of the pretencious SUVs like the Evoque which I always think is style over substance, perhaps too ostentatious for my liking.

Nothing at the mo :(
Hows this car going for you?

Our car is due up for its 3 years Finance in March and i've been looking at maybe getting one of these.

Many.
Have just read through some of the thread, and proper lol'ed at the s**t you got for buying a car, you liked lol.

I work on these all the time, and I actually think they're okay, Yeah I take the piss, but for the money, and what they are, they're epic.

Only one I really can't understand, is Access models, Buying a White, unpainted bumper, no radio, no central locking and no options car is mental.