ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yes, it's a Dacia!

133/225/CLS AMG
Did you look into the Skoda Yeti?

We weren't in the market for a car of this nature at all, the Duster won us over from the Clio III or Megane III.

Personally I dislike the look of the cars that rival the Duster such as the Yeti or Qashqai.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is there any reason you went from a 133 to a massive jeep? Obviously it's only one small baby.

133/225/CLS AMG
Is there any reason you went from a 133 to a massive jeep? Obviously it's only one small baby.

Coz it's a giant baby!! lol

Well we wanted a bigger car, we've always had small hatches and we actually had minds set on a Clio III. Then saw the Duster in the showroom, test drove and fell in love with it.

For once it's nice to have a big boot, proper space in the back for adults etc. Plus it's cheap to run and insure, cheaper than the Twingo which is a bonus.

Funnily enough though it's not actually as big as you'd think, it's tall but not as big as a Freelander and no where near the size of a Range Rover.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
We weren't in the market for a car of this nature at all, the Duster won us over from the Clio III or Megane III. Personally I dislike the look of the cars that rival the Duster such as the Yeti or Qashqai.

Fair enough, the Yeti's are actually more expensive than I thought.

Still not where my money would go but it's nice to see something different :)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Unbelievable amount of hate for a guy that's happy with his purchase because it differs from the majority.

classic CS right there.

I say good on you if you've gone out and got what you want. Life's too short!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

I had one of these baby things to look after for a weekend and to get it in the back of my twingo I had to fold one of the rear seats down and pass it through the boot, was murder.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I read somewhere that the CAP figures showed the Duster will hold it's value fairly well. I think the 15k 4x4 version is said to be worth just short of 6k after 4 years.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I believe we discussed this in a previous thread? Lol!

We did. :eek:

Unbelievable amount of hate for a guy that's happy with his purchase because it differs from the majority.

classic CS right there.

Hate because people have an opinion on a car?

133/225/CLS AMG
Well I'm pleased and the Mrs loves it, since we bought it together it had to have a bit of compromise but I'm pleased to be driving something a bit different to all the other mum tanks out there.

Also, I've still got my own 133 as well as the 172 and 225 so I'm not lacking something else that's fun to drive. As a contrast it's nice to get in the Duster and have something comfy and refined (by comparison) and spacious.

Still not where my money would go but it's nice to see something different :)

It's certainly a bit different and as I say the pictures don't really do it justic as in the flesh it looks a lot more fresh and purposeful than in pictures.

Suzuki Jimny
Just found something I hate about it.

The 'Built not bought' sticker in the window. Seriously?

133/225/CLS AMG
Seriously, that's my own website and club that me and some friends run so it's some free advertising. Hence my avatar.

So yes, 'seriously'!

I'm struggling to see that you would look at this car and say yeah I want to spend my money on that. It's like the pt cruiser and that fiat thing.

Your money though!

133/225/CLS AMG
I'm struggling to see that you would look at this car and say yeah I want to spend my money on that. It's like the pt cruiser and that fiat thing.

Well I'm sure the same could be said of many things other people buy compared to one person to another.

That's called personal opinion.

Strange you compare it to the PT Cruiser or Fiat Multipla when both of those cars are styled to be unusual where as nothing about the Duster is overly offensive. In theory it is just another 4WD/SUV type car.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I quite like them. Same Renault build quality (so cheap plastic, few rattles probably), but looks smart.

If they get a good reputation, they're a nice option.

Well I'm sure the same could be said of many things other people buy compared to one person to another.

That's called personal opinion.

Strange you compare it to the PT Cruiser or Fiat Multipla when both of those cars are styled to be unusual where as nothing about the Duster is overly offensive. In theory it is just another 4WD/SUV type car.

They're all styled by blind people with mental issues so are comparable. Just saying in my opinion it will depreciate very badly, and is a bit of a strange choice when there's so much better on the market two years old at the same price.

As I said, it's your money and choice and as long as your happy

133/225/CLS AMG
They're all styled by blind people with mental issues so are comparable.

Just saying in my opinion it will depreciate very badly....

Styling is subjective although I find it odd that you find it so visually offensive when it's not paritcularly radically styled. Like many other cars you could potentially not notice even drive by.

As for depreciation, read the rest of the thread before assuming you know the details of what a 'terrible' purchase it is. No worse than any other brand new car.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

See you could also argue that life is too short to drive this car, IMO, that would be my argument lol.

I tried to get on your website OP but it's blocked at work lol, internet filter works on keywords so I'm curious whats on there :)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Not keen on its looks but I appreciate it's something different. But it's your money and your opinion that counts.

Why the air freshener? Do Renault not smell nice from new? Lol

133/225/CLS AMG
See you could also argue that life is too short to drive this car, IMO, that would be my argument lol.

I tried to get on your website OP but it's blocked at work lol, internet filter works on keywords so I'm curious whats on there :)

Honestly, have faith in a fellow RenaultSport fan that the Duster is so bad it makes you suicidal. It's a brilliant contrast from driving a rather noise cammed 172 every day! I'm not the only person won over by this model, Karl from Twingo133.net sold his RS Twingo for one and is chuffed to bits with it.

As for our site, no idea why it's blocked at work as there's no filth I'm aware of on there lol Feel free to check it out though. :)

Not keen on its looks but I appreciate it's something different. But it's your money and your opinion that counts.

Why the air freshener? Do Renault not smell nice from new? Lol

It smells pleasant enough but bought a couple of those aircfreshners at the Players Classic show at Goodwood and rather liked the smell.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
a 133, 172 and a 225. I don't want to sound rude Alex but imo that's just a bit silly.

133/225/CLS AMG
Haha Gally's ok really. Having three cars to myself is a bit unecessary but if I had the money I'd have an entire collection of cars, strangely mostly Renaults.

Disastra Coupe
I don't like it, but that's me. I'm struggling to understand why you need something like that if you have a kid on the way? Surely there's a decent saloon out there or something that could do the job equally as well?

​Just my opinion anyway, if you like it fair enough!

133/225/CLS AMG
It's not as monstrous as you think mate, apart from being tall it's similar in terms of size to something like a Focus/Megane estate car.

Also the dci 4x4 has a kerb weight of 1,300kg and the Megane dci estate is about the same kerb weight so this car isn't ridiculous in terms of size for a child and all the stuff that comes with one. It's just nice to have a big, cheap to run very practical car.

PB172,dci100,dci65
I drive the same at work if I go offroad.

I like the sitting position, engine is the same dci110, but due to the gear ratios, it was a bit hard to stick to 2500rpms during the first 1500km.
Otherwise I plan to buy it after 4y from the company. I like it, its simple, you dont have to watch every single bump on the road like on the 172.
Boot is not the biggest but its ok. Fuel economy is like on a clio 1.4 petrol, but I have offroad mud tyres on it so thats why.

What I dont like...
1. the rear wiper is always moving when i turn it on, does not have a pause
2. it turns on ESP automatically at 50kmh (I like to drive in snowhy hills)

I wish the Dacia serves well

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Haha it probably is but hey why not if I can! :)

Of course mate. Just seems a strange 3 especially how closely related they are.

It's a bit different to a classic collection of cars.

133/225/CLS AMG
I drive the same at work if I go offroad.

I like the sitting position, engine is the same dci110, but due to the gear ratios, it was a bit hard to stick to 2500rpms during the first 1500km.
Otherwise I plan to buy it after 4y from the company. I like it, its simple, you dont have to watch every single bump on the road like on the 172.
Boot is not the biggest but its ok. Fuel economy is like on a clio 1.4 petrol, but I have offroad mud tyres on it so thats why.

What I dont like...
1. the rear wiper is always moving when i turn it on, does not have a pause
2. it turns on ESP automatically at 50kmh (I like to drive in snowhy hills)

I wish the Dacia serves well

Yeah it is very hard to stick to that 2,500rpm limit as like you say you find yourself in 4th gear by about 30mph. Then again the manual suggests pulling away in 2nd gear so that does kinda help in getting things moving from a stop. In gear though I'm not finding it too bad. Just have it up a gear higher than I would in one of the petrol cars.

Of course mate. Just seems a strange 3 especially how closely related they are.

It's a bit different to a classic collection of cars.

I know what you mean although it's surprising how different they are to drive although not disimilar in age or the ethos behind them.

The Megane is comfortable and pretty quick, the Twingo is a like a go-kart but has some noise toys (being a Gordini) and the Clio is just a bit raw and noisy but a lot of fairly cheap fun. It's strange as I bought the Megane over 7 years ago, then bought a runabout to use, then ended up updgrading the runabout from a £600 car to the Twingo 133. Then the Clio just kinda landed in my lap at a price I couldn't resist.

133/225/CLS AMG
That is an important question. :)

Normally I say day-see-a so people know what I'm talking about then in a completely fascinating car bore kind of way I then say 'Did you know it's pronounced Dat-chee-a' and at that point people lose interest hahahaha.

Actually it's surprising how intrigued people have been about it being a 'new' brand to most people and what is what about it.