ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons

RENAULT CLIO 1.5DCI
I want to put the 172 xeons lights on my dci but have been told this will fail mot due to me not having the washers in my bumper for the lights is this correct?
many thanks
Joe

Nissan 350z
Re: Xeons

*xenons

Technically thats correct, but it will all depend on the MOT tester at the end of the day. Have a search around there are people who have said their car has passed without them.

So long as they are well adjusted you "should" be fine.....

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Is it not the case that they wouldn't fail as there are no washers to test in the first place? You can't test (and thus fail something) that isn't there?

Nissan 350z

Is it not the case that they wouldn't fail as there are no washers to test in the first place? You can't test (and thus fail something) that isn't there?

The best i can tell is:
http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/index.htm - "Inspection Manual for Classes 3, 4, 5 and 7 Vehicles"

Section 1.7: Headlamps:
Where HID or LED dipped beam headlamps are fitted, switch on the headlamps and check the operation of any headlamp levelling and cleaning devices fitted.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

I would just fit them anyway. My headlight washers never worked, I disconnected them because they leaked all the time.

Never had any issues across 2 mots.

PH2 Flamer

States check operation of ANY levelling and cleaning devices. If there aren't any, then there's none to be tested. We still build new MINI's with xenons without washers.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
As said if not present it is not testable.

Had our clios pass 3 mots with them and no washers. It is only a requirement for a new vehicle to be registered and once it's been registered the "if it's there test it" rule