ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

Evo 5 RS
Re: Dave.'s Cammed, 2118'd Carbon obsession

thought the standard injectors were good for up to 220 horses? albeit at 99 duty

could well be wrong, just curious

Evo 5 RS

I was possibly thinking of speccing some meg injectors for my new engine. piece of mind and nice to have for the right price

ITB'd MK1

it wont need bigger, thats just mathematically what they'll flow. Engine wont make any more from fitting larger

Golf GTD Mk7

i know AT give the option for a few different pico specs with their kit. must make some different no?

ITB'd MK1

I was possibly thinking of speccing some meg injectors for my new engine. piece of mind and nice to have for the right price

225 injectors have a lovely spray pattern, much nicer atomisation than pico's of equivalent sizes. they're cheap too.

ITB'd MK1

So would different injectors give better power or not?

best way i can put it is, "give the engine what it wants" it wont want more than than the stock injectors can provide with your spec. It'll be fairly high duty though.

Was just really making the point that the 217bhp guesses were a bit silly really :p

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS

they're only high duty when they're being driven in the top end of the rev range though, they last just fine Dave. A future mod maybe!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
It's done 192.7 Bhp this afternoon so it's still healthy, it's now being ripped apart!!

Golf GTD Mk7

best way i can put it is, "give the engine what it wants" it wont want more than than the stock injectors can provide with your spec. It'll be fairly high duty though.

Was just really making the point that the 217bhp guesses were a bit silly really :p

Really? With it making 193bhp with just cams, would it not be feasible to get at least a 20bhp increase?

Evo 5 RS

doesn't work like that. Besides if it made more than 215 I'd definitely consider those injectors lol

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7

It must be possible on standard surely. TDF race engines don't specify uprated injectors? or is that due to low compression bottom end?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
He only got 180bhp at SRR ;)

I look forwards to being proven wrong anyway.

Sir_Dave = eternal pessimist lol

Where a standard 197 made 208bhp!! The results were inconsistent as anything all day long!

And I look forward to proving you wrong Dave lol

It must be possible on standard surely. TDF race engines don't specify uprated injectors? or is that due to low compression bottom end?

Super production and S2000 engines are supplied without ancils and engine control. If you specify electronics then generally we use Marelli/Pico or Siemens injectors for these engine packages. Also both of these engines aren't low compression exactly, they're actually very slightly up on stock to get them as close to the limit of S2000 regs as possible.

215 is getting close to the limit on stock injectors. I expect Daves to be pretty much max'd, we'll see!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I hope your right matt!! If there's more to be had I'll come back armed with injectors asap lol

Freak?? It's just healthy lol

Dave, fortunately, you removed the majority of the sidewalls on all 4 tyres so they are nearly Turini esq in weight :rasp:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Had an email from matt, it's in bits!

feba8066.jpg

4fcdb0aa.jpg

Roll on Thursday!!

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror

Good luck Dave. Im guessing 214 bhp 172 ft/lb!:approve:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Re: Dave.'s Engine Trumpeted Spec, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsession

Thread title changed as requested...

;)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Re: Dave.'s Engine Trumpeted Spec, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsession

Yep, remember getting those emails myself Dave, was a little scary to begin with!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsessi

Flol at title change boosh!