ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsessi

If your still gonna be down there around 2pm, then I may well come down, nowt else to do now today as its pising down up here and I cant do any of the things I had planned for the weekend in the rain :(

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
You should have rang me first.

Ah s**t! Cheers anyway Tony, not got your number fella! Did u want me to grab those stickers for ya?

I'm not sure what time I'll be there till stu, I have your no I think, I'll let ya know

Direct it would have been 50 miles odd, on buses about 80 lol

I've spent 12 quid so far!

And since when did buses have wifi?? Bonus

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsessi

*Dave slams his 2 pound 20 pence on the bus counter*

"BRING ON THE TRUMPETS."

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

The bus journey is definately a blessing in disguise, it wil just make you appreciate the car that much more,

Enjoy collection.

182cup & 172 racecar

Yes you could do,thanks.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

It's going to feel even quicker now after being on buses all morning. Enjoy :)

I wanna come play!!

No way I can get down today now though :(

182cup & 172 racecar

Dave will be out driving it all afternoon now.

Clio Sport 172 ITB

Welcome to the trumpet zone! I had mine done 2 years ago and still love driving my car every day! Hope you enjoy it Dave! Matt once I have a date on cams being fitted I will ring to book a mapping session! Spoke to Sam I think a few days ago in pricing :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Welcome to the trumpet zone! I had mine done 2 years ago and still love driving my car every day! Hope you enjoy it Dave! Matt once I have a date on cams being fitted I will ring to book a mapping session! Spoke to Sam I think a few days ago in pricing :)

Was it your car which broke down at the ring after the engine seized?

Clio Sport 172 ITB

You mean after it dropped a valve? Yeah that was me and then a month later it did the same thing.. go figure!

Dave did mention something about going home via Edinburgh ;)

No probs chap give us a tinkle when it's ready to go and we'll get you in.

Clio Sport 172 ITB

And Dave FLOL at that you tube post!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Well i left matt at 12is with over 3/4 of a tank, lights on now :eek:

WOW!

I drove the car for a few minutes whilst initially and thought, hmmm its ok, but dosent feel massively powerful. Then i realized that because of the DBW being gone, the pedal had a little more travel...

woo hoo hoo!

It seriously shifts when above 5k, its sooooo impressive! When driving around normally its actually relatively quiet, but as soon as you drop a gear and open the taps it seriously sounds like a touring car!! it now pulls in 3rd like it was second, and the car wasn't slow when it went in!

On the way home i had a bit of fun with a Porsche Cayman, and at the lights he asked "Jeez, whats in that, sounds mental!"

The car runs faultlessly, and actually having a look at all the wiring, sensors,relays for the fan etc, it is really really tidy. The relay that controls fan speed was even encased in a waterproof little box and labelled! The car ticks over lovely, starts on the button, and there is not one light on on the dash! When planting it it now hates 1st and second, quite easy to wheel spin through both gears, but with the cable throttle you can balance it really nicely once used to it. The other thing which i really really like is Matt set the pedal up to sit nearer to the brake pedal. I could never perfect my heel and toe changes the old way, the throttle pedal just sat too high, now its really easy, can literally adjust my foot to sit on the throttle without thinking after about 10 mins practice, and giving it a little blip sounds lush!

I really wish i had done this earlier, all the fannying around with cams etc really just isn't worth it, take my advice, forget the cams, go for these, done.

I will do some proper pics and vid, but f**k sitting around on the lap top, theres an abundance of B roads that need a visit! Laters!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Ollie's Silver Cup

Bwaaarrrp!! :evil:

Good to hear you're happy with the results! How do you like the cable throttle? Much improved over the DBW?

I've seen photos of Matt/TDF's wiring on here before and it's neat as anything; very impressive!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Bwaaarrrp!! :evil:

Good to hear you're happy with the results! How do you like the cable throttle? Much improved over the DBW?

I've seen photos of Matt/TDF's wiring on here before and it's neat as anything; very impressive!

182cup & 172 racecar

I really wish i had done this earlier, all the fannying around with cams etc really just isn't worth it, take my advice, forget the cams, go for these, done.
This all day long.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Awesome :approve:

Want some :(

You running a decat?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Get a loan :D

I'd love bodies too but can't commit :(

Same here, can't commit to keeping the clio long enough to justify the spend.

Plus i'm very indecisive in general lol

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Yep running a de-cat, lovely pops, bang and constant burbles, but i want to get a silenced de-cat, exhaust is too noisy to be honest, and i cant hear the induction over it lol

Quick vid courtesy of TDF of it on the rollers

Last edited by a moderator:

kanedandunable

ClioSport Club Member

thats awesome your gonna have a quality weekend!

fingers crossed mine should be ready next saturday too!

Qashcow

I haz the exact same video angle lol.

It's like we've almost touched each other ;) looks epic, and I bet sounds as epic too. Glad your happy with it sir!

Golf GTD Mk7

I haz the exact same video angle lol.

It's like we've almost touched each other ;) looks epic, and I bet sounds as epic too. Glad your happy with it sir!

lol. Practically kissing ;)

Looks/sounds ace mate. Saving as we speak :)

Evo 5 RS

impressive stuff mate, bet you're chuffed to bit! Churps like a beast. Honestly can't wait to get mine finished now. Have fun, Mr!!

Ollie's Silver Cup

I wonder how many miles Dave will have racked up this afternoon/evening! :evil:

Sounds awesome mate! :D

Clio Sport 172 ITB

If he's anything like me I did 400 in the first 2 days I had my itb's and that was 2 tanks of vpower gone! Lol!

Ph2 1.2, Ph1 172

looks and sounds awesome mate... got me thinking now, do i sell my mini and invest in the clio instead :cool:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Well i did 205 miles and emptied the tank from 3/4 but i wasn't exactly driving for economy!

I love the way this drives now, at the very lowest point in the rev range, it exacerbates the lumpiness of the cams, and it needs a little blip to keep her smooth but thats just the trade off with cams when pulling away.

I want to get this on track, ASAP!

Gonna give the car a good clean up tomorrow as its filthy and ill do some decent detailed pics of the full conversion

Suzuki Jimny

Sounds fun!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Still coming to the Shirehorse mate?

Sounds bangin'