ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst Modification?

That matte black vinyl wrap that makes the car look like a chalkboard. I see a lot of audis and golfs with it and i really don't see the attraction.

Hmmm, I quite like matte black cars tbh. Saw a stunning matte black M3 the other day. Looked menacing. Also think the Focus RS looks ace in matte black.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I have to admit I am also guilty of a few of these. To be honest i'm still a bit guilty now as regard to my Megane. But there is a reason for the gashness its more function then fashion with the Megane.

The Lexus rear lights were bought when i was younger and they also serve the purpose of having a place to have two rear fog lights as required by the BFG roadworthy test it has to have so i can get tax free fuel whilst based in Germany. The front lights are also a result of this BFG test instead of buying a set of 400 quid continental headlights i bought a set of 150 quid halo headlights from the German Ebay site. Cheaper and to be honest they look not to bad.

The alloy wheels were bought on the cheap so i could have a set of winter tyres put on the steelies. Same again needed by German law! i know it looks uber chav! But the old girl has been around Europe with me and the only time it ever broke down i got VIP tickets to the British F1 GP in 2006 so not all bad! lol feel free to rip it apart but my Clio R27 LY is my proper car for proper occasions

Stagecoach Ticket
sticker bombs and as previously stated anything along the lines of "vtec this" "172 inside" "f4r inside" "5 doors more whores" etc etc why would anyone want that?

clio 172
ott back boxes
gay body kits tht have been stuck on with no more nails
stupid spoilers
big massive alloys

part from tht im easy ahahhahahah

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I must admit im quite partial to a sticker, lol! But then again i have painted my wheels pink so i couldnt really give a f**k! :approve: Dont get me wrong there is some really shoddy mods out there and some scenes and cars just make me laugh! But at the end of the day we all want our cars to be individual and to put our own spin on things, which obviously leads to the odd piss take lol, but not everyone wants to put turinis on their clio and make it look uber track prepared! Yawn...

p.s i hate cuddly toys hanging from your rear bumper, what is your car some sort of bloody dustcart!?

Coilovers; ruined the ride, ruined the practicality, ruined the enjoyment if the car.

If I ever think of buying coilovers again for a road car I'll shoot myself.

Worst mod I have ever done, closely followed by a decat for the Yozza, that was a swine aswell

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Coilovers; ruined the ride, ruined the practicality, ruined the enjoyment if the car.

Worst mod I have ever done, closely followed by a decat for the Yozza, that was a swine aswell
Must be getting old ;)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member

I once had a honda prelude 2.2 and when the straight through decat exhaust system caused a mother in a car park to cover her childs ears i realised stupidly loud exhausts werent good lol! (i did lean out of the window and aplogised to the lady, lol)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

Neither are a bad mod, just because YOU bought the wrong suspension and exhaust, doesn't make them bad.

Hell, next you'll be telling us that Peugeot 107s are sporty! ;)

Neither are a bad mod, just because YOU bought the wrong suspension and exhaust, doesn't make them bad.

Hell, next you'll be telling us that Peugeot 107s are sporty! ;)

I was highlighting from my experience over more than one RS the worst things I did to them. By a mile coilovers and decat were the worst mods I did....

Don't see what my current run around has to do with anything tbf? ;)

SQ5
What coilovers did you use out of interest?

I had FK Konigsports on mine and it surprised a lot of passengers that it was on coilovers as the ride was so smooth!

What coilovers did you use out of interest?

I had FK Konigsports on mine and it surprised a lot of passengers that it was on coilovers as the ride was so smooth!

Oh they were k-tech's finest. The ride was crap. Worst thing though was just the loss of practicality with the reduction in ride height. Spent more time looking for potholes and speedbumps to avoid, than I did enjoying the driving.

SQ5
Oh they were k-tech's finest. The ride was crap. Worst thing though was just the loss of practicality with the reduction in ride height. Spent more time looking for potholes and speedbumps to avoid, than I did enjoying the driving.

That's ok, the company says it all :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yes, they a huge, on the sides, rear, and front, drives around with his hood up, reminds me of Eminem.

SQ5
PMSL :lolup:

Well it does, cheap and cheerful coilovers are horrendous, and put people off decent ones! As a company (and I'm not getting into anything else ;)) they should tell people that they're only good for all show, people are using that s**t for track cars, I've rode cars with the exact suspension he's talking about and it's basically like using 100mm lowering springs on standard shocks! Such a soft s**t ride when you want it to be a little bit hard around a bend then hard and bumpy as f**k on a normal road when it would be nice to be soft!

Spending money on coilovers on my Clio's has always been my best decision and modification

Passat
There's a 6 series I see that has a full reflective wrap. His car is basically a mirror. Needless to say it looks horrific