ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst Modification?

Lotus Elise
People also think coilovers will last for ever, they need refurbing/replacing just as often as standard stuff if not sooner. Mongs

keo

Clio Trophy
I dont know anything about the H+R's Sam i did wonder about them when i have seen people swap the sachs for them (Not that i would ever swap mine lol) So are you saying they are crap?

Lotus Elise
They are certainly not crap, just the Sashs are so bloody good. Unpin them + whiteline and you will have a much better all round trophy then someone on H&Rs. Our dampers have won the Nurburgring 24 hours several times on Seat touring cars.

I'd hope the Sachs are better given the bloody cost difference!! Although fresh H&R's are going to be better than a set of shot, unserviced Sachs so there's a little more to it than a straight comparison.

Lotus Elise
I'd hope the Sachs are better given the bloody cost difference!! Although fresh H&R's are going to be better than a set of shot, unserviced Sachs so there's a little more to it than a straight comparison.

Fair point people replacing shot Sachs with new H&Rs, but a fresh pair of both Sachs>H&R

CBR1000RR Fireblade
the worst mod imo is cheap coilovers, i think they are the new lexus lights tbh.

unfortunately my 182 came with seized v maxx, seized silly low to make it worse. why any one would fit these coilovers is beyond me, they are supposed to be an upgrade but my 65hp DCI handles better than my 182! how bad is that?

roll on 35mm lowering.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i made the big stupid mistake of buying vmaxx coilovers since iv had them i havent enjoyed the car no way near as much. desperatly awaiting the cup fitment bilsteins i feel they will be perfect for me :)

M3, Cup racer'd 182
My bilsteins cup racer Coilovers are awesome :D.
I'd gladly pay £1600 for the hole setup and modify them to my cup packed hubs again,

Although they prob are in a different legue to other cheap Coilovers so can't comment on the others.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
as far as the vmaxx go imo is they are certainly no worse as far as grip goes than the standard setup but the ride quality is destroyed as far as going for a spirited b road drive goes now i just feel like im sea sick from bouncing up and down and the general feel of the car just isnt right. perfect for looks but in general for me its ruined my car and i feel quite pissed at myself that i didnt just wait that bit longer and get decent ones in the first place.

106 Quicky
-Bonnet bra's ( they are for women or fat men only )
-Headlight eye lashes thingy ma bobs
-Lexus lights
-Carbon fiber bonnets on light coloured cars

Clio 200 Cup
They are certainly not crap, just the Sashs are so bloody good. Unpin them + whiteline and you will have a much better all round trophy then someone on H&Rs. Our dampers have won the Nurburgring 24 hours several times on Seat touring cars.

Unpin them? What do you mean by this? Sounds interesting

Lotus Elise
Unpin them? What do you mean by this? Sounds interesting

Trophy dampers are adjustable but pined in one setting by Renault, So you simply remove the pin and you can choose from 40 different settings.

Dynamique S TCE

LEDs on the wheels, no idea how they are powered though! Theres a company who has made some which show actual images!

Last edited by a moderator:

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member

LEDs on the wheels, no idea how they are powered though! Theres a company who has made some which show actual images!

Orange ones on my ktm would look quite epic, lol! Surely there an instant pull by the filth!?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Trophy #490
Brightly painted Renault diamonds! They're so cheap and tacky, especially when they're painted in something that's totally irrelevant to the rest of the car's colour scheme.

Inferno 182
I've found one worse than bonnet bra's.... them bra's that cover the whole front of the car!!! Why buy any sort of bra? Aparently its to stop stone chips, why would you care about stone chips if your covering it up anyway!?!?

Inferno 182
Oh got another one.. 'rat look'. Why would anyone think making you car rusty and looking like you've pulled it straight from a car breakers look nice!?

Oh and another.. painted drum brakes! They look awful as it is why make them stand out!?

Rant over.. Although i'll probably think of another soon lol

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Oh got another one.. 'rat look'. Why would anyone think making you car rusty and looking like you've pulled it straight from a car breakers look nice!?

rat look is fine as long as its also a sleeper

bonnet bras also scratch the crap out of the paint

Inferno 182
Sleeper's good but ruining your car is just pointless. Although i must admit i have seen an rx7 rat look and that looked really nice

182, 6r GTi
Sleeper's good but ruining your car is just pointless. Although i must admit i have seen an rx7 rat look and that looked really nice

i think your talking about the Dragon Performance car ? used as a drift car and done like that to get atention, rat look can look ok on some cars like old campers and golfs etc but rusted parts on new ish cars is just stupid

Fiesta ST3
Coilovers; ruined the ride, ruined the practicality, ruined the enjoyment if the car.

If I ever think of buying coilovers again for a road car I'll shoot myself.

Worst mod I have ever done, closely followed by a decat for the Yozza, that was a swine aswell

I looked at this, and at first I thought I had written it. Turns out, you must have read my mind! My exact sentiments! haha

Inferno 182
i think your talking about the Dragon Performance car ? used as a drift car and done like that to get atention, rat look can look ok on some cars like old campers and golfs etc but rusted parts on new ish cars is just stupid

Yeah thats the one. And thats what i mean on new cars, really old cars are ok because they suit it. But doing it on new cars is just pointess and ruining it. Plus its pretty much impossible to sell a rat look car.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Whenever I see it, I assume the post is by someone in their late teens. It usually is.

It was a useful acronym back in my Counterstrike 1.6 online days: "bomb A FTW". - as you can type it quickly, I don't see the relevance of it outside of PC gaming though personally.

A SHED!
flouresent wheels....sh*te, makes venoms of the 90's look good. From that stupid bugatti veyron sport with orange wheels to the saxo in the local mcdonolds car park.Also agree with bonnet bra too.