ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst car trends/mods of recent times..

Clio 172
As for people slating the euro look go and look at some of the VW scene cars, Euro is massive there and no two cars look the same. Also for Stance, there is proper stance and then people who bounce the word around and know nothing about it, I'll post some pics up of my old ride later and get all the haters out of the wood work.

Clio 172
My old car,
DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

And on the track at Brands,

aug63.jpg

aug28.jpg

aug4.jpg

3859721863_cc380a3304_b.jpg

Is that defined as "proper" stance? (srs question because everything looks the same to me except it's an old golf, wheels are the right size, seats are nice and arch gap is spot on.)

I appreciate the hardwork & money that went into that car. However all I see (besides the exceptions stated above which is maybe what adds up to make it "proper") is
  • Ruined suspension geometry
  • Huge scrub radius
  • No sidewall strength
  • No camber thrust
  • Very firm ride
  • Little suspension travel
  • Poor traction/grip
  • Touring-car spec camber (it's a bit like slapping an F1 rear wing on a Clio because F1 cars are fast and they have rear wings)
  • Stupid looking tyres
Maybe you lot are plagued by cars which have the above in addition to:
  • Happy meal toy hanging from a towbar (to show how low their FWD "drift" car is FFS)
  • Monster stickers
  • Bonnet bras
  • Wrong sized wheels
  • Stupid looking wheels (which are either: fakes, genuine & worth more than a small house or 19" Bentley wheels on an A4)
As for no two cars look the same... haven't you seen all the VW Polos/Golfs that line up at your local Mcdonalds/Halfords. They are all identical except for different wheels. Camber, lows, correct arch gap = "proper" stance? So every single racing car is the ultimate in "proper" stance

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
I hate the "built not bought" sticker, u haven't built it u have just put a set of wheels on u idiot.

and a 2.0 engine don't forget.
also, they built the suspension to deliberate chew through inner edges within 400 miles.
You certainly wouldn't buy a car that did that

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
I hate the "built not bought" sticker, u haven't built it u have just put a set of wheels on u idiot.

hate seeing that on chav'd cars with Halfraud wheels and lexarse lights.

my caddy has been completely stripped and restored - by myself. not sent out for welding, painting or anything.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Chrome parts are awful, also when people "slam" there car to the ground on Budget coilies and rekon it handles "class!" Get out.

i've got a mis-matched pair of old coilovers on the front, leaf springs on the back (and no weight). FWD. gonna handle EPIC.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
STANCE = I f*cked my car up for the sake of being bummed on the internet

UNDERSTEER = hitting the hedge with the front of the car first

OVERSTEER = going into the hedge backwards

HORSEPOWER = How fast you hit the hedge

TORQUE = How far through the hedge you travel

Listerine & Poledo
Accurate to the last.

What of monster stickers though, what do they say?

and Lowzzzz, of course, can't forget that lowz = ....ho's? Bro's? Haribos?

1eight2
"Built not bought"
"Monster Energy"
"Block #43"
"No fat chicks, car will scrape"
"TOW -->"

Orange Ford badges on orange Focus ST's
Red Ford badges on red Fiesta ST's

Peoples names in halford badges - "Kazza" "Jen" "Adm" - Took advantage of the 3 for £5 deal.
Sport badges not on a RenaultSport!!

Fluro green wheels :quiet:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Bonnet lifter, tow straps, toe hooks, random coulored wing mirrors etc, all signs of a w**ker.

Oh yea and 1 in the pink 1 in the stink sticker.

tbh i could go on all day.

Clio 172 Cup
Worst trend at the moments is middle aged blokes that seem to have read somewhere that they should drive in all road/weather conditions with only their side lights and fog lights on trying to look like they have OEM daylight running lights!!!!!

Keep an eye out on the road. Their numbers are growing.

Last edited:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Worst trend at the moments is middle aged blokes that seem to have read somewhere that they should drive in all road/weather conditions with only their side lights and fog lights on trying to look like they have OEM daylight running lights!!!!! Keep an eye out on the road. Their numbers are growing.
Saw this the other day at night on a country lane, I think it was a MPV - knobhead. I feckin hate people that drive with their fogs on with a passion.

Evo
Whats wrong with bonnet bras? Some people use them to genuinely protect from stone chips on long distance trips...

Tarring with the same brush. Tut

I have to agree, bonnet bras looks cheap and nasty. If you use one on a long distance trip then fair play, I can see why you would. But for people who permanently have them on their car, shame on you. It's hardly like your car is big, chesty and in need of restraints! ;D

mk2 ph2 172 Flamer
bonnet bras are like getting a new phone and not taking the poly off the screen because it might get scratched.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Bonnet bras are for people who think having their car look like a spacktard in a straightjacket is better than having a few slight almost unnoticeable stone chips.

Your car is not made of platinum FFS.

260% JCW
It wouldn't be so bad if the car was decent, to me it just screams utter ***** muscle.

Tow straps/alloy tow eyes are another, only for the hard core track day warrior who intends being towed home.

260% JCW
Funny coloured wheels are other exterior parts. May as well have a sign on the car pointing to the driver saying "IDIOT"