ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst car trends/mods of recent times..

Listerine & Poledo
Another one I'm not a fan of is rear show cages. Just seems a bit silly to carry a large amount of metal that has no purpose around in the back of the car!
Same for having rear seats, or a passenger seat for that matter

Had*

I'm sure many people would hate plenty of my modifications. My list was just the stuff that bores me, it's totally fine (obviously) for someone else to like and enjoy everything I hate.

Another one I'm not a fan of is rear show cages. Just seems a bit silly to carry a large amount of metal that has no purpose around in the back of the car!
Do agree with the half (ie no point) cage thing. Cage it to track it fine, no track no cage needed.

A shiny black one.
How is a rear passenger dangerous?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445279802.938823.jpg

The people I would have had in the back are noisy friends who can't drive people that take the aux lead and crank the music up mess about in the rear playing around (teenagers)
Having to give people lifts from work was a pita aswell.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm not sure which is worse.
Fog lights or DRL's.

Neither have a use in the daytime other than to give the owner a sense of "yeah, look at me, now, get out of the way, rep-spec Audi 1.6 coming through"

Last one that tried that game with me ended up doing 55 on the outside lane of the M25 whilst I speed-matched the lorry I was passing at he tried to get into my passenger seat via the boot.

I dont care how many exhausts your 4-pot rebadged-Skoda may have, you sit on my rear bumper like that and I can't promise there wont be a cat jum out in front of me...any....second.......

BOOM!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-hig...adverse-weather-conditions-226-to-237#rule236

Says switch them on/off when visibility worsens/improves. Not when somebody on Cliosport is behind you whinging that their eyes can't cope?

What is the limit that it's actually required to put the fog light on though??

because you'll be driving down the motorway on a 'foggy' morning, but you can easily see for a good half mile or more and there will be people with fog lights on.

Listerine & Poledo
A degree of socially-balanced common sense is required.

This can be short in supply for some hot hatch owners though.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

because you'll be driving down the motorway on a 'foggy' morning, but you can easily see for a good half mile or more and there will be people with fog lights on.

I believe the official marker is when visibility is less than 100 meters due to fog, heavy rain or snow.

Turinis are bad because they're not even a modification really. They look good, I agree. But people worshipping them (especially here) basically equates to anything else being bad. That's boring IMO. I'm not saying horrible wheels are great because they're not Turinis. Just that Turinis are like repainting your off-white walls to light eggshell and raving about the difference.

Sabelt wheels look like crayola started doing steering wheels. I'm sure they're great to drive with though.

Listerine & Poledo
Could be worse, like those cars that start off life as a perfectly useable shopping-trolley, but then have all the suspension travel removed, a big front airdam bumper glued on (typically slightly wonky) and proceed to think that they're suddenly king of roadtrackroad

RB Clio 182
Turinis are bad because they're not even a modification really. They look good, I agree. But people worshipping them (especially here) basically equates to anything else being bad. That's boring IMO. I'm not saying horrible wheels are great because they're not Turinis. Just that Turinis are like repainting your off-white walls to light eggshell and raving about the difference.

Sabelt wheels look like crayola started doing steering wheels. I'm sure they're great to drive with though.

I'll not get any turinis then as they are a great wheel but arnt really a modification lol.

I dont think people get the sabelt wheel to look good, more of to replace the double decker wheel and because they feel so much better, I dont think your post makes that much sense tbh.

I'll not get any turinis then as they are a great wheel but arnt really a modification lol....

....I dont think your post makes that much sense tbh.

The point of the thread is it's a place where people can vent about what they consider to be bad (for whatever their reason) modifications I thought? I'll try and explain again, maybe it doesn't make sense to others, but it does to me! Haha.

For me, they're bad because they're boring. Like Ikea furniture - it looks good (some of it) but it's pretty generic. I come to the forum mostly to read project threads and post in my own so my point of view is heavily skewed towards what's interesting to see/read about. It seems that tying to make your car slightly different - not unique - from the rest though has sadly become somewhat synonymous with (what's largely considered) poor taste recently. I hate reading threads where someone's considered three or four wheel options and then bottled it and stuck Turini's on because everyone's posted to say they're the best. Often the same thing then happens with the colour choice too; silver or anthracite?

I guess we all have different reasons for modifying/reading the forum and that changes our personal criteria for what is or isn't bad. Someone who's track focused might not give tuppence about aesthetics etc.

We can't all agree on everything or it really would be boring! Hah.
To each their own!

RB Clio 182
The point of the thread is it's a place where people can vent about what they consider to be bad (for whatever their reason) modifications I thought? I'll try and explain again, maybe it doesn't make sense to others, but it does to me! Haha.

For me, they're bad because they're boring. Like Ikea furniture - it looks good (some of it) but it's pretty generic. I come to the forum mostly to read project threads and post in my own so my point of view is heavily skewed towards what's interesting to see/read about. It seems that tying to make your car slightly different - not unique - from the rest though has sadly become somewhat synonymous with (what's largely considered) poor taste recently. I hate reading threads where someone's considered three or four wheel options and then bottled it and stuck Turini's on because everyone's posted to say they're the best. Often the same thing then happens with the colour choice too; silver or anthracite?

I guess we all have different reasons for modifying/reading the forum and that changes our personal criteria for what is or isn't bad. Someone who's track focused might not give tuppence about aesthetics etc.

We can't all agree on everything or it really would be boring! Hah.
To each their own!

Good post :)

I like turinis but i got ultras instead, I now wish I got turinis because they look so much better and are sort of an oem wheel, this is probably why they are so popular.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

I believe the official marker is when visibility is less than 100 meters due to fog, heavy rain or snow.

"Rule 226
You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236)."

Not exactly clear cut, as Goodj says really.