ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wipers - frost

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd never use kettle water even with cold water added. It's still be a fair temperature. Hot water from tap, top with cold water.

Trick is to wipe the water from the screen as your pouring it on, it won't re-freeze. Quickclear is however immense. I actually think my Puma ones were just as quick as the new ones!

The max button on the ST gets things up to temp very quickly.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Thread got busy :)

Buy one of these:

View attachment 106045

Drink what's inside :cheers:

Break open the box, put on the screen shiny side up.

Lasts ages and doesn't go soggy - also makes it looks like the car is owned by a gyppo so good when parking in dodgy areas.

I'd rather scrape my screen with my toe nails than have to drink 15 cans of carling!

Now Sold :-(
My 1989 XR3i had a heated front screen that cleared frost etc instantly.

With the exemption of the 4" strip directly in front of the drivers seat that gave up and stopped working. :banghead:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Warm water out the tap works perect. I have done this for years and can never understand why peoplespend 20 minutes every day scraping ice and using a can of de-icer.

The Ford heated screens are great, but not without compromise. The elements are quite visible at times, particularly when switched on. Also they can be slightly distracting at night with oncoming headlights.

Nothing that outweighs the positives though. I'd rather have one than not. People often conveniently forget to mention that you still need to clear and scrape the side windows if it's especially cold.

FF 182
When working away once, my mate decided to put newspaper on the windscreen, stuck on with the remnants of his flask (coffee), we were drunk at the time. Spent half an hour scraping that b*****d off in the frozen morning, it was like concrete.

I'd advise you not to try that :p

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Erm.. I would if I had a text to reply to?! You got the right number?? 07969 124504?

Ok, so I had your old number under ''potter CS'' and i've just put that number in and it comes up with ''DANSJM''.

arse. I've resent it now. apologies.