ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams 3

impreza p1, williams 3
got the wing in primer with a quide coat today, still got to finish off the sill panel but i'm pleased with how the wing came out, suprised myself a little
Photo131.jpg

cant see very well in this picture but the wing is pretty straight
Photo129.jpg

williams and trophy
got a cam belt kit from renault as it worked out cheaper than a after market one, £89 about £20 cheaper.
and the water pump was a little noisey and had a bit of play in it so got an after market one came to £30 with a rocker gasket
Photo008.jpg

put a dti gauge in number one piston got it to dtc,removed the covers and pulleys, put a big nut on the bottom pulley and put the bolt back in, then marked the cam pulleys as the rocker cover was off so could'nt see the marks.
Photo011-1.jpg

Photo012.jpg

then i got the belt out the box and all that time i spent marking up and using the dti gauge was a waist of time, as the new belt had the timing marks on it, but i suppose better safe than sorry.
it timed up nice and easy
crank shaft pulley with the mark on the bottom
Photo016-1.jpg

and the marks on the cam pulleys
Photo014.jpg

then started on the water pump, all i can say is the french need to start making cars easier to work on, there is no way you could do this job without dropping the engine, anyway had to take loads off to get to it, then two bolts broke taking the pump off
lucky i could warm them up and they broke off in a way i could get hold of them with mole grips
Photo089.jpg

and the pump fitted, managed to find two bolts in the workshop, what a weird thread size they are, lucky to find them
Photo093.jpg

ran out of time tonight so as far as i got, ready for covers and pulleys
Photo095.jpg

nice thread mate. dunno how iv missed it tbh lol. cars lookin well.

btw...water pump is a couple hour job with engine in situ. ;)

and gsf supply most parts, belts etc ...cheaper than reno......and they even come in a reno box ;)

Chav Rocket
looking really good mate. i was lucky i didnt have too many problems with seized bolts on my engine - but it was from a newer ph3. the car however...talk about making bolts from cheese!

impreza p1, williams 3
not been on here for a while, and only just started work on the car in the last month.
i've got most of the panels now in primer, just the nearside door and the front wings to prep!
just a few pictures how i left it tonight!

pictures were taken on my phone sorry about the quality

C4.jpg

C2.jpg

C1.jpg

C3.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you replace any inner sills? Or just the outers?

My inners are going to need to be done in the next 12 months I think. :(

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
just come across this thread, great work going on here. theres been a lot of time and effort here, and will be worth it when done, looking great so far. Good to see a williams been restored!!!

impreza p1, williams 3
Did you replace any inner sills? Or just the outers?

My inners are going to need to be done in the next 12 months I think. :(
i repaired the inners when i cut the sills off, not too bad to do with them off
just come across this thread, great work going on here. theres been a lot of time and effort here, and will be worth it when done, looking great so far. Good to see a williams been restored!!!
thank you, on a roll with it at the moment as i've been busy at home
where are you based mate? sure i have seen this!
i'm in hoddesdon, it's been in the garage for nearly a year so if you've been to our garage you may of seen it
Had been wondering what was happening with this, glad to see its still being done :)
it's still going, just been busy at home, it's getting pretty close to paint now:)

225 Cup & Williams
Nah it's not too bad it's starting to form a little bit hopefully it doesnt get any worse or i'll have to cut that out along with the rotten arch lol

impreza p1, williams 3
i dont understand why the williams go so rotten, the normal clio's aint that bad, i've MOT'd a few and there never as bad

225 Cup & Williams
I know it's wierd eh my brother has a 1.4rt runabout and the arches are completely solid strange one like.

impreza p1, williams 3
theres a clio deisel the same age and colour as mine that parks near here, the bodies perfect, and it looks like it isn't even looked after

impreza p1, williams 3
just an update
the car is all rubbed down apart from the n/s door, that i'll do tommorow, then more primer on some bit i'm not happy with!
i've sprayed the sill panels with the front wing removed with a water based stone chip so they can be overpainted.
i mocked up the front so everything lined up, the grille was a bit of a pain, but happy with it now.
i wasn't going to paint the roof but thought it's only one more bit and found one tiny bit of rust so sorted that as well.

Clio4.jpg

as you can see i removed the rear screen and spoiler

Clio3.jpg

Clio2.jpg

oh and what do you guys think of the front indicators, not sure if i like them

Ckio1.jpg

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
Just read from the start, looks awesome dude. Great buy for £300. What are you upto so far in costs? Indicators are gonna get cries of 'Silver visions' shortly on this forum..
:)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
don't mind the indicators too much, are you getting fresh headlamps? they make such a difference!

Just read the thread in full mate. Absolutely amazing what you have achieved.

I look forward to seeing the finished article mate. Keep us updated please.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Looks ace. Keep it original, that includes the indicators ;) New set of headlights too ;) Chop chop!

impreza p1, williams 3
thanks guys, i think the indicators will have to go, the headlights aint too bad the indicators make them look bad! the fog lights do need replacing on the other hand!

once painted just got to tidy the underside, paint the rear suspension and repaint the calipers as the yellow does clash with the wheels, which by the way i will refurb with the polished rim, can't wait to be at that stage!

impreza p1, williams 3
small update, the car is very close to going to the spray shop!
i've primered the areas that needed doing again, and started flatting with 800 gritt wet, it'll be ready with a couple more hours of rubbing down, so painted very soon! :D
Photo105.jpg

only a couple of photo's

Photo106-1.jpg

impreza p1, williams 3
the cars in the paint shop all masked and ready to paint first thing in the morning, i'll put some pics up soon

Mk3 Megane 250
Awsome example, glad you are restoring to former glory rather than breaking it, will be a mint example and worth a few bob in the near future

impreza p1, williams 3
the cars back from the paint shop, just a few pics off my phone, so pants quality

in the booth after spending a few hours masking up!
Photo113-1.jpg

freshly out of the booth

Photo116.jpg

and back in the workshop

Photo120.jpg

Photo119.jpg

a couple of shots of the sides all before the polishing starts

Photo118.jpg

Photo117.jpg

all i managed to flat with 2000 grit wet and polish today was the roof boot and n/s/r wing, couldn't wait to get the stickers i made on

Photo121.jpg

Photo132.jpg

i'll get some decent pics up soon, thanks for looking