ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams 3

ValverInBits
the williams has a wider track using 19 suspension parts the valver has normal clio suspension i think, i've fitted new rack arms and track rod ends and mearsured them with the old ones, but i didn't measure the rack length like a fool

19 wishbones are actually slightly different and push the wheel forward slightly, but yeah same track. I suspect the williams and valver racks (not including track rods) are the same length.

impreza p1, williams 3
19 wishbones are actually slightly different and push the wheel forward slightly, but yeah same track. I suspect the williams and valver racks (not including track rods) are the same length.
so do you think i've been had over as the rack i got was meant to be off a valver? i cant do anyhing about it now as i got it 4 months ago

impreza p1, williams 3
little update, i've got a few things done,
i took the rack out measuring it with the old one!
the problem with the rack was i fitted the wrong steering arms and track rod ends, so ordered the correct ones and fitted back to the car!
it's all up and running now, so i drove it on the tracking ramp to adjust it
DSC04378.jpg

i wasn't too far out doing it by eye, not good enough though
DSC04380.jpg

the correct arms and track rod ends
DSC04382.jpg

and the finished settings
DSC04381.jpg

and the engine bay as it is tonight
DSC04389.jpg

impreza p1, williams 3
got the sill panels on friday so decided to start fitting them on saturday
first job clean the subaru
DSC04397.jpg

how the sill looked
DSC04398.jpg

the lower part cut off and not as bad as i thought it would be
DSC04400.jpg

DSC04401.jpg

and cleaned off ready for the inner sill to be welded
DSC04402.jpg

bottom half ready for the outer sill
DSC04406.jpg

impreza p1, williams 3
the top half with the spot welds drilled
DSC04408.jpg

and ready for the sill now
DSC04409.jpg

the front and rear welded
DSC04411.jpg

DSC04412.jpg

i cut the new sill panel at the rear below the line as i got standard clio sills so i could shape it
DSC04414.jpg

run out of time so still a little welding to do but looking good
DSC04413.jpg

ValverInBits
Man I need to get on and do mine at some point. Nice work. Can I ask where you got the sill from? I assume it's a 1.2/1.4 sill? Did it come with the top part/where did you get that? I've been told they are different from the valver/williams sills but I'm yet to work out how. Any extra info you can give would be much appreciated. What thickness steel did you use on the inner sill? Glad you got the rack all sorted mate.

Last edited:

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Great to see someone is restoring these, awesome cars in my opinion! :approve: Its look great now! Keep us posted!

When Im older hopefully there will still be a good few of these about because I would like to own one :p A weekend/summer toy :)

Chav Rocket
looking really good there! i wish my bay was that shiney! havent got the patience for all that polishing though! kudos to you!

impreza p1, williams 3
thanks for the positive comments, the sills came from a motor factors, took a day to get and they were full sills for a mk1 clio, £21. they do need a bit of work to fit on the rear but the rest is a perfect fit! as for the thickness of the metal i used i think its about the same as body panels, good enough for the inner sills as they seemed the same

ValverInBits
thanks for the positive comments, the sills came from a motor factors, took a day to get and they were full sills for a mk1 clio, £21. they do need a bit of work to fit on the rear but the rest is a perfect fit! as for the thickness of the metal i used i think its about the same as body panels, good enough for the inner sills as they seemed the same

cheers. Did you note the manufacturer of the sill?

impreza p1, williams 3
i maneged to get the arch welded on, first i cut out all the rusty bit's then cut the panel to shape, the problem as it was a standard arch it was too short at the rear, so i cut the rear section under the fuel cap off and the bumper mount had to be reshaped too. weded them bits on then the rest of the arch.
i would have taken more pictures but forgot to take the camara to work
Photo123.jpg

Photo125.jpg

i've started doing the filler work, it's a little further than the picture shows
Photo128.jpg

R26
Just read through all of this, you are one talented dude, cannot wait to see it all done, keep up posting all the progress :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Just read the thread start >> now, Really coming along, you've put some serious hours into it! Keep up the good work!

James

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
take the petrol instructions sticker off and you'll find more rust to repair - while your doing it properly and all :)

Chav Rocket
looking really nice! if you need any plastic trim clips (except for the moulding ones) pm me as i have loads of new ones spare so i might have some you need.

impreza p1, williams 3
looking really nice! if you need any plastic trim clips (except for the moulding ones) pm me as i have loads of new ones spare so i might have some you need.
i'll keep you in mind, the moulding clips just twisted off, so as long as they dont break romoving the trim i'm hoping they'll be ok

Chav Rocket
yeah, i replaced mine as they were quite brittle. but reno seemed to always supply more than needed

impreza p1, williams 3
well only took one off so far and all good!
i see your in brixton, i worked there for a while near the one way system.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
there's instructions on the ring on the body under the cap

thats the one, usually nice and rotten under there - I've seen every part of the body on a williams so I know where they hide their rust!