ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why dont you like green 172’s

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Green is a waste of money. I dont want everyone staring but Id like a few people to notice my car.

Your not the only one TED I own one and is not just the green you get
*Scarab Green
*Full leather
*bbs Alloys
*more limited edition than the williams with only 172 of them made!
*totally understated people think its a 1.2 etc.
*and the rest of the 172 spec.

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~scribbler/172%20images/DSCF0038.JPGhttp://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~scribbler/172%20images/DSCF0038.JPG

not the best photo but you get the picture

The car should hopefully retain its value better than the standard colours.

Not forgeting i have owned nearly every clio in the product range since 1992 and this i can honestly say this is the best by far.

P.S. I am still waiting to find out the Limited Number for my car Its not got the strips fitted in the door sill as renault owned it before me. Renault HQ are f**k all use so can someone give me a number to ring to find out a: where door sill srips are and B: What Number the car is?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I think its nice,but having owned a mini cooper in BR green i can safely say i will never have that colour again.It was so hard to clean.

Regards,ian

Elise/VX220/R26

the 172 is a very desirable model. Proper limited edition. Ive only ever seen 1 and that was at a cliosport meet. Should help with the resale value too.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

weve sold 2 and work on three.the third one believe or not is an 02 plate(must have been stuck in a compound somewhere and registered really late).i cant see why anybody would buy a mk1 172 almost 2 years after the mk2 came out.they must have got it cheap but i dont know how much they payed for it cos a different dealer sold it.

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 15 November 2003

weve sold 2 and work on three.the third one believe or not is an 02 plate(must have been stuck in a compound somewhere and registered really late).i cant see why anybody would buy a mk1 172 almost 2 years after the mk2 came out.they must have got it cheap but i dont know how much they payed for it cos a different dealer sold it.
SOUNDS LIKE MINE, RENAULT OWNED IT AND WAS THE LAST 172 EXCLUSIVE I THINK ITS L8 2002 WHICH GARAGE DO YOU WORK @ GORDON LAMB?

Its you with the cup then i wonderd who owned that.

Are you local then? im from Mansfield. But Gordon Lamb are better than my local. The Parts manager used to work @ Arriva in kirkby where we got our first Clio and i have bought stuff from Lambs in the past.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i can find out but with the plates specific to your car im not sure if you could get some.Parts might just supply standard 172 plates with no production number on them.have you asked lambs about this? The mk1 always did look best in that green colour.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 15 November 2003

Its you with the cup then i wonderd who owned that.

Are you local then? im from Mansfield. But Gordon Lamb are better than my local. The Parts manager used to work @ Arriva in kirkby where we got our first Clio and i have bought stuff from Lambs in the past.
thats me.parts manager as in clive hurt or mick rice.i live just outside of tibshelf(near that sapa factory)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

No one seems to know about the exclusive, I would be happy just to find out what number it is!
The vehicle id plate can tell you when and where it was made but i dont think you will be able to find out what number it is.If you can i dont know how.Ill ask.

thats me.parts manager as in clive hurt or mick rice.i live just outside of tibshelf(near that sapa factory)
Ahhh top blokeyou once did me a deal on a valver bonnet when you were at the old garage in chesterfield. most appreciated! Although it was murder down chesterfield road back into mansfield in the vw cabriolet the bloody thing tookoff as the wind got unserit and i had to climb in the back and hold it down as the missis was driving

no ben green is not a ming or bad luck colour.......yellow is.....esp when you dye ur hair that colour !! lol i think green is a lovley colour....its rare on the valvers & its gonna be rare on the 172s in my books thats even more reason to buy one !! silver......no ta !! green for me;)

Si....i came across it whilst lookin for tantrum alloys !!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Ahhh top blokeyou once did me a deal on a valver bonnet when you were at the old garage in chesterfield. most appreciated! Although it was murder down chesterfield road back into mansfield in the vw cabriolet the bloody thing tookoff as the wind got unserit and i had to climb in the back and hold it down as the missis was driving
my names not mick rice or clive hurt but i do know them.i bet it was clive who sorted the bonnet for you.he always does decent deals for me whenever i need owt.if you ever need owt again then gis a shout cos i get quite a lot of company discount on bits.

Thanks Jay ill bare that in mind. Please remember to ask one of your managers if there is a way to find out the exclusive No. I wouldnt mind paying to have the strips made etc.

P.S. I know why they changed the original BBS alloys for them 7 spokes coz there a b**ch to clean 2 hours its just taken me!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 16 November 2003

Thanks Jay ill bare that in mind. Please remember to ask one of your managers if there is a way to find out the exclusive No. I wouldnt mind paying to have the strips made etc.

P.S. I know why they changed the original BBS alloys for them 7 spokes coz there a b**ch to clean 2 hours its just taken me!
MY CUP ONES ARE AN ARSE TO CLEAN AS WELL.ILL TRY TO FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR STRIPS.

my mate had a green 172 limited edition clio, with a full carzone kit, I also had a set of those alloys that they put on the limited 172 made (BBS) then he put it nosefirst into a roundabout armco barrier...and needed the alloys back for insurance purposes, but still it was a mint car

Quote: Originally posted by cliopete on 16 November 2003

my mate had a green 172 limited edition clio, with a full carzone kit,
:eek: Noooooooooooooooo! Is he mad? thats as bad as a Willy with a dimma kit. Its just plain wrong!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

asked about the numbered sill plates.you cant get them made to number im afraid.i will still try and find out if i can find out what number it is though

cheers i can probably get them made by a compant i know would perhaps need a photo of someone elses door sills and then have them made with the number i am yet to find out. Thanks for asking. See if you can get the head honchos Name and number at renault sport for me!

I am very greatful

cheers scribbler!