ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which alloys best for performance

clio sport
I got 17 inch alloys but I want to get 15inch and lower car height. Which wheels are lightest and best suited for clio 172 oz, speedline, or ultra light wolfrace

CBR1000RR Fireblade
most on this forum will recommend speedline 2118's in 15 inch fitment. they are strong wheels, wont bend or warp and the 50 profile tyres make for a cheap track days

Clio 172, BMW Mini
Have heard from someone in the motorsport fraternity, that the OZ wheels as standard PH 1 are very soft, and bend very easily if driven hard down rough pot holed roads, is this true, having just bought a PH 1 with them on, and intending to use it for navigational road rallys, will they fold up or not

LY R26 230 F1 Team
15inch OZ F1's yes they are soft as sin but they are also cheap as chips, 2118's are good but VERY expensive in comparison and also heavyer. I havn't bent mine, just don't drive at 100mph through a pot holed lane, simplz.

I mix it up with Speedline Turini (Sheep wheels) which are pretty and lightish for road as well as 15' F1's for winter/Fun

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Have heard from someone in the motorsport fraternity, that the OZ wheels as standard PH 1 are very soft, and bend very easily if driven hard down rough pot holed roads, is this true, having just bought a PH 1 with them on, and intending to use it for navigational road rallys, will they fold up or not

the oz's are known for bending and warping. thats why id recommend the 2118's. although they are heavier they are a stronger wheel and wont bend as easily

Stripped yozza'd cup
2118's are heavy wheels.

The answer to that question is really, buy the lightest you can afford. Team dynamics pro race1.2 are a good balance between strength / lightness / cost.