ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats your top speed and acceleration

Meg on pistonheads £6995
115 on the clock on my old one. Could prob get more out of it tho but I bottled out. My rsi however does 130 on the flat so prob could hit 140 down hill

^ ^ you are joking?

they 'might indicate' those kinds of speeds with wobbly needles, but 1.2 more like 105mph, Rsi 115mph best

sorry mate :-(

VaVa
Why it sounded like VaVaVoom of course ;)

I love internet forums. I think I might try and collect some data and work out the forum x factor.

Becuase depending on wht people post, they either add x or subtract it.

Actual Top Speed of an RSi = 115 mph + Forum Factor = 130

Actual 0-60 of an RSi = 9.6 - Forum Factor = 7.5

Actual number of women slept with = 1 + Forum Factor = 20

LOL

Clio 182
Drove back to leeds at 3am this morning, down hill it showed just over 145, with the shift light on - it didn't want to go much faster.

I rented the M62 out for the 25 mins it took me to get back, so its all ok ;)

seriously though, I don't make a habit of this kind of thing, but when its totally empty, its totally empty.

MCS R56

I love internet forums. I think I might try and collect some data and work out the forum x factor.

LOL

Quality!!! I'm glad someone else can smell the $hite. The x-factor has too many variables, so it must unique to each forum user. As I stated earlier, the thread is complete bull. At least 90% of the times and speeds are either guessed or include the x-factor. Some people will have been honest, which was nice of them!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
In my old Evo 4, i managed 150 on the speedo before i shat my pants and backed off lol

Elise S1 B&C 140
Dunno yet i havent picked mine up. My old Rover was good for 0-60 in about 45secs, Not really about 8.5s and had it to 120 on the clock so probs just over 110 actual, as long as the 172 thrashes that (Which we all know it does) im a happy bunny.

The book says 7.1 i think is this about right actual??

Meg on pistonheads £6995
let's just stop this nonsense and accept that a Corsa 12v "Twin Port" is just so much quicker than anything we have ever driven, but ONLY if it has 600kg of ICE, 18" alloys and a VXTuning sticker!

Mk4 .:R32
My X reg clio RN did 114mph down hill, so that's probably about 105mph. My 172, not sure as I don't feel safe doing over 125 in it! 0-60 seems pretty good.

Which GPS systems do people use. I'm thinkin about getting one

1.8 8v RSi

LOL
lol.....but at least i was honest with mine...i just told what the needle indicated and said i know its probably out...if i went by my speedo then 140mph doesn't feel as fast as i thought lol

Clio 1.2 16v
in my clio 1.2 i can do 60 in about 12secs and havent timed 0-100 because it only just gets there LOL. iv had like 107 out of it tho.

LOL

Quality!!! I'm glad someone else can smell the $hite. The x-factor has too many variables, so it must unique to each forum user. As I stated earlier, the thread is complete bull. At least 90% of the times and speeds are either guessed or include the x-factor. Some people will have been honest, which was nice of them!

Yeah you should have to prove it :cool:

Rs monaco 172 mk2
tried to time it a few times.............
my 172 does abt 6.5-6.7, 0-60 and i'v been to 151-152. goes straight up to 145 no probs, then takes tat little bit longer to get the extra out of it.

i take it youve done something to your car? ive had mine at 130 but the polics here appear from nowhere so ...never again! :S

just an induction kit......
i'v got this one stretch of motorway called the m11. known the road the back of hand... use it 4 years... know all hot spots.... and if ur like me. u like floor it.... its the perfect road..... also i get the frequent opportunity of having the road to myself on most early mornings,, like 3-4 o'clock....

God know what my top end is, :( i keep thinking the coppers are hiding to somewhere ready to get me everytime i go over a ton :(

Maybe i'm paranoid...

And 0-60 f**k know how to time it properly :/

in my clio 1.2 i can do 60 in about 12secs and havent timed 0-100 because it only just gets there LOL. iv had like 107 out of it tho.

their limited to 107 and the 8v is limited to 104.

my 1.2 16v done a 0-60 in 9.9secs with only an induction kit.

ph quick
No it means you are doing about 58 or something, i used sat nav and gps radar tracker before in my old audi, the clock was spot all the way, used it in the clio and it was way out 98mph was more like 93 iirc

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've only got a 1.2, and to me it feels quite nippy. What do other people think of theres. And whats the top speed you can get out of it.

also, any 0-60 times, i've yet to do one, but give me a week or so.

any comments welcome.

(please tell me how fast any car is, even if you have a 172, 182 valver, it doesnt matter).

Made me smile :)

Audi TT 225
Im not posting due to the sun newspaper being a bunch of ball bags getting people done for speeding

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my old 1.2 16v done 120 indicated on the speedo last time i was in germany about 112-113mph i think? 0-60 about 11.5-12 seconds at a guess never tried it but it had a few mods and was stripped.

172 does indicated 140mph probably just over 130? never tried 0-60 as its standard

Scirocco GT 210

Fair enough. Not sure how you counted 9.9 secs but near enough. You must have a special 1.2 with the 1.6 engine because an induction kit alone will make next to no difference on a 1.2 engine. Will sound a bit better.

It's quite obviously been filmed whilst driving down a hill. Someone with a 1.25 fiesta did it and posted on another forum and claimed his car did 0-60 in 9 secs. Or did he time it whilst the front wheels were lifted off the floor, meh, I can't remember.

Either that or the vid has been speeded up slightly.

Or maybe the induction kit really did gave that 1.2 the extra 30bhp or so it needed, who knows? :rasp: