ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats happened to car insurance ?

Corsa Van. Meh.
Privilege want £130 for me just to change my address even though the car will be kept at my mums. Work that one out.

The lady couldn't give me a reason why.

Just had the renewal - £40 up on last year, one year older, one more NCB. To be honest, I think that is quite good, considering the way prices have gone recently for insurance.

That's Admiral with five other cars (one of which has had a recent 5k accident).

Clio 1.6 16v
I believe that if you search for "area crime rates" on google that will give you a rough idea as to what insurance companies will think to where you aree living, its something stupid like that!

If i was to live something like 200 metres away from my house 2 streets away my insurance would be higher... its rediculous

german
Just got my Direct Line automatic renewal letter through and it's fair to say I won't be renewing. Jumped from £480 per annum to £840. Phoning them was fruitless and they agreed the 75% was a little excessive. I can't see why it would have changed so much; I'm a year older, another year of no claim bonus...
Probably going to Admiral...

BG 182 FF
I've just been chasing around for quotes and was surprised how much i was looking at on a 182. Baring in mind i'm 29, 4 years ncb, no points, no convictions and live in a relatively good area I was getting quotes mostly around £800 or more on a standard car.

Turns out that If I list future modifications that I may want to make (suspension, engine work) I can get it down to about £500.

Where's the logic????

MR2 Mk1.5
I've just been chasing around for quotes and was surprised how much i was looking at on a 182. Baring in mind i'm 29, 4 years ncb, no points, no convictions and live in a relatively good area I was getting quotes mostly around £800 or more on a standard car.

Turns out that If I list future modifications that I may want to make (suspension, engine work) I can get it down to about £500.

Where's the logic????

People who spend money modifying their car (eg a car enthusiast) are generally a lower risk than your average driver. Works for us, that is why we affiliated ourselves with enthusiasts club sites like cliosport.net :cool: and why we have some of the best claims stats in the business.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

GW200 FF
i've just done some renewal quotes and so far parking on the street and adding 2 named drivers both with claims has brought the premium down 60 quid! fn bonkers. Sky insurance i'll be calling you in the morning :)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Well mine was £900 with admiral, come renewal it shot up to £1400 ! called them up and had a bit of an argue and they finally offered £1100 with loyalty discount, seems complaining is the way forward