ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What petrol do you run your 1*2 on ??

J

J182sport

Tesco 99ron or Esso super unleaded for me! for the extra 5p its worth it!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
used to use normal bp or asda stuff but now im putting v power in, as i can pretty much see the shell garage from my house!

200 Gordini
I normally ran morrisons own..

I filled up with BP ultimate thursday and it made a big difference to how the car ran and i swear it pulled a bit more freely! (shoot me down if you like but im sticking to it) The MPG didnt go up a noticeable amount.

Ive just filled up with V power and i got the same impression as the bp ultimate but the MPG has gone up!

I've been told by a mapping company that tescos 99 ron isnt actually 99 ron and it will be no better than normal fuel. Any truth behind this?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
V Power, always have done in all my clios apart from the dci dont use V Power diesel in the dci as 1 its a shed and 2 it runs like a pile of shite with it!?

i dont care if it does or doesnt make a difference, i spend extra buying the best tyres, best oil, best brakes, best suspension, best shampoo to wash the bloddy thing so why not use the best petrol?

M2 Competition
I normally ran morrisons own..

I filled up with BP ultimate thursday and it made a big difference to how the car ran and i swear it pulled a bit more freely! (shoot me down if you like but im sticking to it) The MPG didnt go up a noticeable amount.

Ive just filled up with V power and i got the same impression as the bp ultimate but the MPG has gone up!

I've been told by a mapping company that tescos 99 ron isnt actually 99 ron and it will be no better than normal fuel. Any truth behind this?

Tescos, sainsburys etc buy their petrol from same place as shell, bp for example... its the same fuel rebranded.

RB FF 182
Highest we can get at the pumps in N.Ireland is 97ron, so its either Saisburys Super or BP ultimate for me...

Put normal 95ron in last night to see what the difference would be, only the 2nd tank i've put through it though.

J

jakm15

cheapest :D, makes no noticable diff in a 1.2, it made a big difference when i used to have a 50 moped, when i used 95 it would need to be reved when started to stop it from stalling but when i used 99 it didnt. did bout 50mph on 95 n 55 to 60 on 99.

i try to use shell (either vpower or unleaded - try to do tank about lol) or asda/tesco.

i refuse to go near bp. always have, but no real reason why :S

Nothing at the mo :(
i used to run vpower on my vts and it ran alot smoother

might run my RS on either vpower of ultimate... the nectar points call me lol

Albi Blue RS 200
Not noticed any difference with V Power whatsoever. Would rather get more miles for smiles with the cheaper stuff.

imo its worth putting in v power as for a tank ful its like 2pound more expensive plus i have the shiny red drivers car so you get one 1p off per litre anyway.

immaculate clio 172
tesco 99 for me nothing more nothing less lol it even states min 97 ron inside the filler cap flap so why would you use 95 ron EVER
I love my car's and spend a fortune on maintaining them etc so why use shite fuel for sake of 3p a litre oh look there goes another moth out your wallets haha

Clio 182FF
I would rather use V-Power but work pays all my fuel costs which means I HAVE to use Morrisons and they only sell cheapo fuel. Long term I hope it won't f**k anything up.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
No you shouldn't, your engine will self implode within the next few tank fulls of the stuff!!

Honest.

haha cheers pal....think i mite start usin v power anyway jus to see if thers a difference, dont know why i havnt been anyway tbh

G51 BEN
my mate has an octane additive that puts it up to around 113 ron...

says it runs much better

any idea what this may be?

None :(
V-Power every time.

In my opinion if you've always used v-power, then you wont notice the difference, until you swap back to normal crappy 95ron from tesco or somewhere, then you will soon be putting V-Power back into ya tank.

A few of my mates swear by V-Power also, and they feel a slight difference when using it to normal fuel.

Anyways it was tested on 5th gear, and proved it does make a difference.

clio sport 172
Super unleaded any make the higher the octane the better... believe it or not i get more mpg out of super unleaded:cool:

Scirocco GT 210
I ran my old clio 172 for over 3 years on the cheapest 95 RON I saw and didn't have a single problem. I've had my CTR for a year now and that's always been run on the cheapest 95 RON, again not a single problem.

I did try running the clio on 98 RON for a brief 2-3 month period once, but didn't notice any difference except in cost. Stuck to 95 RON ever since.