ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is your next car & why?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
A MK1 MX5 I think.
Something cheap to run that I can keep in the garage for occasional use. But finding a good one that isn't £3k+ seems difficult.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Yep, I owned one from new for 2 years and about 60k.
Mine was a GT Line TomTom (the one to go for) with the 1.5dci engine.
Was a great car to be fair. Very reliable and brilliant handling for an estate. Slow as f**k as standard though (mine was the 110hp) but I put a tuning box on and it was much better.
Defo go for the gt line if you get one.

I looked at the 1.9 top of the range one (130bhp) for the extra power and it wasn't hugely worse on diesel (a few MPG here and there) anyway, plus insurance was the same. Tax is 110 quid more though...! (20 (?) vs 130 I think), but meh. Not a huge amount considering the clio is 130 quid a year anyway.

I've had some mod ideas anyway - definitely going to get it mapped if nothing else. Fancy it as a sleeper that'll still do 45+ mpg but be able to carry the world and a tent in the boot but at a fair crack. To be honest the majority of my driving is below 50 (usually below 30 if I'm realistic) so out and out speed isn't my main concern - good low end torque and light steering are, both of which the Clio lacks, massively. I'd swear the power steering had failed when I bought it, but nope - it's just really heavy. It's only really obvious doing a 3 point turn or similar anyway.

Can you actually mod the engine in them? They aren't turbo'ed are they so maybe that's a route worth considering? :tongueout:

Track 172 Cup
I'm looking at either waiting for the New Focus RS (not going well as i HATE waiting) or looked at 2 VXR8's this week (a White Bathurst S which is 1 of 18 made and a normal, well not limited edition lol 730hp Supercharged one) the white Bathurst is a bit overpriced so waitng too see if the guy will move on it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43db2ff234

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-VXR8-Monkfish-tuned-to-733BHP-PETROL-MANUAL-200909-/111654440775
If I were In the market for a car like that my money would be on the civic type r as it looks the nuts!

I think I need to buy a sensible car and a track only car so im not tempted to drive fast on the roads

Track 172 Cup
I went the Geneva motorshow and sat in the Civic and didn't like it lol plus the spoiler was a let down no lights up the ends to make it look like devil horns lol... Plus the VXR8 is a big family saloon so its sensible haha just cant decide

I went the Geneva motorshow and sat it n the Civic and didn't like it lol plus the spoiler was a let down no lights up the ends to make it look like devil horns lol... Plus the VXR8 is a big family saloon so its sensible haha just cant decide
Theres nothing sensible about them. First roundabout and you are gonna decide to drift It guaranteed lol

DB.

BMW 440i
I keep looking at E class coupes (I want a petrol), but the E200's are too slow, and the E400's are too much of a stretch price wise.

Going to hold on for the new C class coupe which launches later this year and hopefully they will have a C300 or something with a bit of poke!

Forester STi SG9
As from this Saturday, a wr blue Forester sti SG9!

It's not a pretty car but that's part of it's charm. I don't know why but I've always wanted one. Certainly looking forward to the 400 mile drive back from Edinburgh in it on Saturday! :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
As from this Saturday, a wr blue Forester sti SG9!

It's not a pretty car but that's part of it's charm. I don't know why but I've always wanted one. Certainly looking forward to the 400 mile drive back from Edinburgh in it on Saturday! :smile:

Is it standard or modded? My neighbour just traded his in recently...

Forester STi SG9
Pretty much standard. Has a turbo timer, twin cone air filters and i thinkthe exhaust is from an impreza sti. Other than that as it came from the factory. Was imported by torque GT last august. Current owner now says feels he'd rather bought a legacy.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Pretty much standard. Has a turbo timer, twin cone air filters and i thinkthe exhaust is from an impreza sti. Other than that as it came from the factory. Was imported by torque GT last august. Current owner now says feels he'd rather bought a legacy.
I've just bought a car from torque gt, I here lots of good things about the standards of there cars.

Forester STi SG9
Can only imagine the guy I'm buying this from thought the same. Went all the way to Devon from Aberdeen to get it! :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Can only imagine the guy I'm buying this from thought the same. Went all the way to Devon from Aberdeen to get it! :)
You need the car's and customer service to be good when your buying these car's blind mate.

My cars just arrived at Torque-gt work shop from Southampton docks.

Hopefully I'll get emailed a few pictures of it.
Proper excited but still a 3 week wait.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think it says a lot that you're not looking to change car so to speak Ali. You must really like the little thing.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
A black Civic EP3 type r, once the house extension is finished. Driving a 12 year old 320d with close to 190k on it ain't cutting it anymore (the BM will be kept as my work car).

I was looking at getting a mint E46 M3 but since we've just poured a pile into the house my sights will have to be lowered some. Boo hoo.

Anyone know where there might be a nice standard (ish) black EP3 for sale around sept let me know.

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S sport
I think it says a lot that you're not looking to change car so to speak Ali. You must really like the little thing.

It's awesome. It really is. I LOVED my R26, I think that's been my best car ever, but the Abarth still makes me smile every time I drive it. It's so cheap, but it's QUICK.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
My bro wrote his off!!

Aqua planed on the a3, properly loved his car, had the esesse kit, koni dampers and sabelt bucket seats with the multi spoke 17s properly kitted out!

:-(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely no idea.

I have a want list in my head, but that's restricted by money! Whatever I get - it HAS to be involving. I despise generic. Cars loaded with three pages of option lists, but have the feedback and involvement of a dishwasher. :unamused:

I have to accept that my 'preferred' choices are now slowly fading away. Old Honda screamers. Large capacity N/A lumps, for the most part. Crude force-fed 4G63's...... all are being pushed aside for more efficient, smaller capacity engines. Worse, I simply couldn't abide the idea of lugging around the weight of a small passenger in the form of batteries. Hybrid? Yep - when I have no other option at all left.

An R26.R interests me. But they seem to be holding their value really well.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It's awesome. It really is. I LOVED my R26, I think that's been my best car ever, but the Abarth still makes me smile every time I drive it. It's so cheap, but it's QUICK.

Some of the limited edition cars they've brought out look absolutely out of this world, i see Maseratti have just had a go and its $50,000 lol.

Romeo Ferraris wide body 300bhp version is what i'd love...

AF97D51F-E023-4304-9033-60450DD23AF1_zpsomltwdqa.jpg

Audi A5 3.0 TDI
Cause family car, my misses is in love with them. 60mpg, 300bhp and 500 torque after map. And 5ish seconds to 60.
Perfect family car :) and it keeps her happy.

I want a forged JDM sti in the future. But A5 and house first xD

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im quite content with the trophy and a couple of DCI's (got a mk2 and a mk4), just took a deposit on the cup got a feeling its going to fall through though.

will get a laguna GT when my dci dies, if it ever does.